Russia

3 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Also In:

Mexico will not apply economic sanctions to Russia. A quick google search shows that Putin et al. have been cozying up to the new Mexican president for some time, engaged in the same election meddling tactics there, and have hosted the Mexican President in Russia (no one is the same after going to Russia- ask Lindsay Graham.)

https://mexicobusiness.news/policyandeconomy/news/how-russia-mexico-relationship-breaking-new-ground

https://lacrus.org/2021/04/29/russia-and-mexico-a-new-round-of-interaction/?lang=en

During the Cold War Russia's spies were based in Mexico City. Perhaps they are reformenting that relationship against the US. 

At this point I'm willing to include alienating the US relationship with Mexico as another deliverable Trump was to provide Putin so that Russia could cozy up to our Southern neighbors. 

I don't think you want to go there.  Obama Biden didn't make one good decision on Russia. But for all the misteps, Biden managed to undue  50 years of geopolitics and let Russia and China be closer together than either is to us. The magnitude cannot be estimated.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
26 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I don't think you want to go there.  Obama Biden didn't make one good decision on Russia. But for all the misteps, Biden managed to undue  50 years of geopolitics and let Russia and China be closer together than either is to us. The magnitude cannot be estimated.

Oh, I went there. And I went here too. Why, cuz its the truth. If you can't see that now, you should ask the mods to check your IP address. 

The team TFG was playing for did win and it was easy. Putin knew he was going to start a war. He needed to reinforce and insulate his economy in order to survive sanctions. 

China and Russia are clearly in cahoots on this. China decided it wants to economically support Russia. But how? Purchase Russian grain. Even better doing so hurts the US. But just switching would be strange and raise significant concerns.

So TFG's handlers get him to knowing or unknowing go along with this ploy by starting a trade war with China. Giving them the perfect cover to use their economic power to support Russia over the US. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
42 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

WTAF? That’s your contribution?

HelpfulAcademicAmericanriverotter-max-1m

Isn’t there some other place you can post?

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

CNN isn't really bothering with that SOTU so I won't either.  

Tell me loyal Ds.  If you are outraged by Putin's invasion of Western Ukraine in 2022 then why wasn't Obama-Biden angry about Putin's invasion of Eastern Ukraine in 2014?  Proportionally you should have been half as mad.  But it got 5 minutes of news coverage,  centered on Obama's complaining about toxic masculinity

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1