Russia

4 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

The post speech analysis: they talked the about the subjects like UKR but barely mentioned the speech itself.  Within 5 minutes it sounded like just any old daily pravda.  And I can understand that because it was a boring and largely off-topic speech.  Many believe it had been written two weeks ago and they didn't trust Biden to handle a last minute rewrite. 

One of our fansites labels ND's Spring Practice Reports as "Daily Pravda."

Why do you care what people like that gave to say?

7 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Nice of Trump to let Lindsey out of his kennel and have him do a party trick for everyone. Hopefully he gave him a treat afterward. 

If saying "hey don't do that" counts as good policy with regards to Russia, well, shoot, the Biden adminstration has been doing that since December and has been regularly releasing intelligence outlining Russia's plans before they played out.

The actual pattern is that the Ds admit something they had spent months denying.

“I was at the State Department, the President was the vice president the last time Russia invaded Ukraine, this is a pattern of horror from President Putin and the cronies around him,” Psaki said. In 2014, Putin attempted an invasion of Ukraine as well, albeit not the full-scale invasion that the country is experiencing currently.

All week long it was impossible to find a D that would admit Putin advances when he perceives weakness from POTUS.  Now the cat is out of the bag and you will have to ignore the issue. 

9 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

I don’t know about you guys but I sure am supporting the Iranians in this war against Russia.  

I thought biden was speaking of a race of nuclear mutants, the Uraniums.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Zelenskyy for president. Can’t help but root for this guy. 

Is the US still importing Russian oil or did we quit? We don’t need to import energy from anyone if we don’t want to. We could export to the countries that are dependent on Russia. We may have been able to do this somewhat quickly a few years ago. May as well put it in place now because Russia isn’t going to stop.

Militarily, I feel like we lost our opening to hit them in Ukraine and end this. Once they take Ukraine they won’t give it up. It will be quagmire for years and everyone will go on with there business. Moldova is next. Maybe Georgia.

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, nic said:

Zelenskyy for president. Can’t help but root for this guy. 

Is the US still importing Russian oil or did we quit? We don’t need to import energy from anyone if we don’t want to. We could export to the countries that are dependent on Russia. We may have been able to do this somewhat quickly a few years ago. May as well put it in place now because Russia isn’t going to stop.

Militarily, I feel like we lost our opening to hit them in Ukraine and end this. Once they take Ukraine they won’t give it up. It will be quagmire for years and everyone will go on with there business. Moldova is next. Maybe Georgia.

Ehhhhh. Idk if Russian troops are ready for that plan of action. Already surrendering to Ukrainian forces without a fight and sabotaging their own vehicles. Its not going to get easier for them. Putin may want to keep pushing but will his forces? And this assuming they can take and hold Ukraine. Seems like a longshot to me. 

5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

The actual pattern is that the Ds admit something they had spent months denying.

“I was at the State Department, the President was the vice president the last time Russia invaded Ukraine, this is a pattern of horror from President Putin and the cronies around him,” Psaki said. In 2014, Putin attempted an invasion of Ukraine as well, albeit not the full-scale invasion that the country is experiencing currently.

All week long it was impossible to find a D that would admit Putin advances when he perceives weakness from POTUS.  Now the cat is out of the bag and you will have to ignore the issue. 

I thought biden was speaking of a race of nuclear mutants, the Uraniums.

Even for Republicans this is crazy. But you're pretty deep in the MAGAverse so I shouldn't be surprised. 

Hypothetically, IF Putin invaded because he thought POTUS was weak, that was obviously a completely stupid move. Putin's accomplishment, once this is all over, will be imploding the economy of his country, uniting the EU, upping military spending in NATO member states, and fostering what will likely be a new era of committing to energy independence by countries that depend on Petrostates. Furthermore, the relationship between the U.S. and the EU is closer then it was prior to the invasion, after Trump was a complete laughingstock in Europe for  4 years.

The reality is that Putin used Trump to try and do his work for him: Trump routinely threatened to leave NATO, his idiocy and unpredictable nature pushed our EU allies away. 

The primary reason why the response was not tougher in 2014 was because the EU was not as unified in their response regarding sanctions, military aid to Ukraine, and their own increases in military spending. For the current crisis, Biden has done an excellent job working with the EU in lockstep regarding sanctions, NATO commitments, and proving intelligence (a community which your Dear Leader Trump also did his best to destroy).

• Plus1 5
20 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Even for Republicans this is crazy. But you're pretty deep in the MAGAverse so I shouldn't be surprised. 

Hypothetically, IF Putin invaded because he thought POTUS was weak, that was obviously a completely stupid move. Putin's accomplishment, once this is all over, will be imploding the economy of his country, uniting the EU, upping military spending in NATO member states, and fostering what will likely be a new era of committing to energy independence by countries that depend on Petrostates. Furthermore, the relationship between the U.S. and the EU is closer then it was prior to the invasion, after Trump was a complete laughingstock in Europe for  4 years.

The reality is that Putin used Trump to try and do his work for him: Trump routinely threatened to leave NATO, his idiocy and unpredictable nature pushed our EU allies away. 

The primary reason why the response was not tougher in 2014 was because the EU was not as unified in their response regarding sanctions, military aid to Ukraine, and their own increases in military spending. For the current crisis, Biden has done an excellent job working with the EU in lockstep regarding sanctions, NATO commitments, and proving intelligence (a community which your Dear Leader Trump also did his best to destroy).

Putin's goals were also smaller in the invasion of Crimea, the "takeover" was covert and their was little bloodshed. A person sitting in the states or any other country could legitimately rationalize that part of that population wanted to be part of Russia. The takeover was still wrong, still an act of war, but it wasn't a crisis like this. 

What he is doing now is trying to subjugate an entire nation and wipe their existence off the map, against their will. He is committing acts of terror on a minute by minute basis. Killing innocents, and destroying infrastructure. This is war, it is an act of evil. 

This is the difference between 2014 and now, in my mind. 

29 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Ehhhhh. Idk if Russian troops are ready for that plan of action. Already surrendering to Ukrainian forces without a fight and sabotaging their own vehicles. Its not going to get easier for them. Putin may want to keep pushing but will his forces? And this assuming they can take and hold Ukraine. Seems like a longshot to me. 

While this has happened, I still largely feel that it is being blown up and used as propaganda against Russia, and likely isn't as prevalent as we've been led to believe. 

• Plus1 3
36 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Really? I haven't heard this. I am hearing reports of cities starting to fall.

The worst is yet to come according to Putin to Macron.  

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/vladimir-putin-says-violence-will-26378723

Russia’s attack on Ukraine is going ‘according to plan’ and the violence will ‘get worse’ , Vladimir Putin warned today.

The Russian President made his comments to Emmanuel Macron, his French counterpart, during a phone call on Thursday.

‘The worst is yet to come,’ Mr Macron said following the exchange, which lasted for an hour-and-a-half.

An Elysee Palace spokesman explained: ‘President Putin expressed his very great determination to continue the offensive, the aim of which is to take control of the whole country.

‘President Putin said the Russian Army operation was developing according to the plan’ and that it would ‘get worse if the Ukrainians do not accept surrender terms’.

It follows Mr Macron on Wednesday denouncing ‘the lies’ spread by the Russian government to justify a war in Ukraine, while saying he would continue to lobby Mr Putin for a ceasefire.

While also speaking to Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky, Mr Macron blamed the hostilities on Mr Putin.

‘It is alone, betraying his international commitments one by one, that President Putin chose this war,’ Mr Macron said in a nationwide TV address.

‘This war is not a conflict between the West and Russia, as some would like us to believe.

‘There is no NATO base in Ukraine. These are lies. Russia is not aggressed; it is the aggressor.’

In turn, Mr Putin said his forces were conducting a ‘special military operation’ aimed at disarming Ukraine and capturing the ‘neo-Nazis’ running the country.

The news come as Russia's bombardment of Ukraine intensifies, with residential districts reduced to rubble even as defiant Ukrainian President Zelensky insists the capital will not fall.

36 minutes ago, nic said:

Everything on the internet is murky. Pro-Russia media is painting one picture, Pro-Ukraine media is trying to paint another picture. It feels like Russia will continue to escalate and get more violent until they get the outcome they desire. 

• Plus1 1
56 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

While this has happened, I still largely feel that it is being blown up and used as propaganda against Russia, and likely isn't as prevalent as we've been led to believe. 

This is what I believe, too. They’ve been saying this stuff since the first couple days of the invasion and cities have fallen since then. So, that’s not to say it isn’t happening, but it’s probably not happening in abundance.

Most Russian soldiers will do what they’re ordered to do, and I’m sure many of them believe what their leadership is saying over what the rest of the world is saying. I’m sure they’re trying to foster an “us against the world” mentality. Russia can’t afford to allow discord to sow through its ranks.

53 minutes ago, nic said:

https://theweek.com/russo-ukrainian-war/1010801/russian-troops-in-ukraine-are-surrendering-sabotaging-their-own

A ton of other sources reporting this as well. 

1 hour ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Maybe, but from an outside perspective it seems the only one for an appetite for further invasion is Putin. What is motivating the Russian people to keep pushing?