Russia

8 hours ago, ZRod said:

@Stumpy1 it won't die, but it will go the way of coal. People fail to realize that almost all their consumer goods require oil, plastics are everywhere. That being said the portion of a barrel of oil used for plastic is less than 10% I think.

A majority of plastic comes from natural gas but you are correct that almost all of our daily consumer goods come from oil.  A barrel of oil is broken down into 75% refined products such as gasoline and diesel while the other 25% is used for things that we use daily in our lives.   It is pretty amazing the amount of products that get produced from gas and oil.  

• Plus1 2
26 minutes ago, commando said:

she was the last of the WNBA players left over there.  many of them play in the russian league for more money when the WNBA is in it's off season

I suppose the real question is, why do drugs in Russia especially if you are not a citizen.  

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I suppose the real question is, why do drugs in Russia especially if you are not a citizen.  

do you believe that she was using or that the russians planted the evidence?   i don't know either way but it wouldn't shock me

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, commando said:

do you believe that she was using or that the russians planted the evidence?   i don't know either way but it wouldn't shock me

It would shock me to plant drugs on a WNBA player unless they just have no idea how amazing unpopular the WNBA is in America. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, commando said:

she was the last of the WNBA players left over there.  many of them play in the russian league for more money when the WNBA is in it's off season

I must have misunderstood. I thought she had just arrived and was in the airport. Instead, she was trying to leave?

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes it will be legal to sell gas cars after 2035. 

Used cars, yes. New cars? No. 

New York, California, and most of the EU will ban new gas cars from being sold by 2035.

Used cars will be gas for some time. But that still isn't enough to warrant massive investments by the oil and gas industry to expand oil production. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Not blocking a non-free speech source of state controlled propaganda isn't exactly being a champion of free speech.

People would recognize the lies and turn it off. It would be bad if it was the only news outlet….which actually might be the case in Russia right now.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, nic said:

People would recognize the lies and turn it off. It would be bad if it was the only news outlet….which actually might be the case in Russia right now.

Lmao..  you realize Tucker Carlson literally won a Fedeal Court case with the defense of "I lie so dang much that a rational person could not be expected to believe what I say?" Of course you don't because you clearly get your news from there, but its the God's honest truth.

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

https://www.findlaw.com/legalblogs/greedy-associates/tucker-carlson-successfully-argues-nobody-really-believes-tucker-carlson-is-reporting-facts/

And people still don't turn that sh1t off. In spite of the lies.

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, commando said:

they went over there before the war.  Apparently an arrested Griner was able to phone into court Friday.  https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/wnba/mercury/2022/03/05/brittney-griner-former-wife-glory-johnson-spar-over-child-support/83039942/

8 hours ago, teachercd said:

It would shock me to plant drugs on a WNBA player unless they just have no idea how amazing unpopular the WNBA is in America. 

I am mulling over how effective of a hostage she would be. 

5 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Not blocking a non-free speech source of state controlled propaganda isn't exactly being a champion of free speech.

That is the perfect example of the principle of free speech. The only thing Musk disallowed was a double negative. 

• Plus1 2