Russia

3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

You are so far out in the weeds it’s laughable.

First thing you should know is, Biden is not my man. I mean sure, if it’s him or Trump then I choose Biden but I am a former life long republican. It took the trainwreck that is Trump to change that. But I am about the farthest thing you can find from a democrat liberal lefty. Luckily I’m not a brainwashed idiot though. 

As for your renewed ramblings about the war….

izp0tqf.gif?noredirect

Cannot like this post more. Perfect example of being affiliated to a party but not affiliated to stupidity. Kudos to you and everyone else out there that can be rational enough to be aligned with a party core but not grounded in irrational blind support.

Full disclosure. When Trump was elected I laughed and honestly thought it was great as it affirmed my beliefs in our collective inability to come to a sensible decision in voting. I look back on that and realize how my own "disenfranchised" view was harmful. Bulls#!t needs to be called out. Bulls#!t needs to be recognized. Idiots need to be called out for their dumb s#!t thinking (I include me from Trumps election in this rant). I grew from it and realized how an elected leader can warp people's minds. I realize how juvenile that sounds, cause of course it does, but at that time I don't think I truly grasped (more so wanted to believe) that their are a bunch of idiots out there.i guess growing up I never really had a president that I thought was "bad" I just saw them as a mouth piece for the "true leaders". But...f#&%!!!...the way I saw people gravitate towards an ignorant, selfish dumbs#!t like Trump has completely changed me...for the better.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Why should I do that when a) it doesn’t address what the Douche Project posted and b) I haven’t tried to justify anything Trump said about Russia.  Maybe try someone who has.  

BTW… cool.   Glad you were able to point that out.  Again, tell that to someone who is defending Trumps response to Russia.  They may actually care.  

If you’re going to complain about what the Lincoln Project posted, it would help to make some logical connections for why.

Trump has referred to what Putin is doing as genius. Trump is a Republican, THE Republican head of the party at this time. Putin has a history of attacking soft targets to achieve his goals. It is not illogical to infer that a Republican, Trump, therefore considered it genius. I mean you do understand what they were doing there, right?  Sure it’s a bit of a fallacy and not fighting fair but it’s not utterly ridiculous to connect those dots.

• Plus1 4

In actual news

“As a result of the Russian invasion of Ukraine we have temporarily made allowances for forms of political expression that would normally violate our rules like violent speech such as ‘death to the Russian invaders.’ We still won’t allow credible calls for violence against Russian civilians,” spokesman Andy Stone said.

The exceptions will also allow users to call for the death of Russian President Vladimir Putin or Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko in countries including Russia, Ukraine and Poland, the company said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/03/10/facebook-violence-russians/

It isn't a surprise at all.  Silicon Valley always tolerated calls for violence where they dislike the targets.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

In actual news

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/03/10/facebook-violence-russians/

It isn't a surprise at all.  Silicon Valley always tolerated calls for violence where they dislike the targets.

Does this mean you do not dislike the Russian invader targets? You are at odds with Silicon Valley on that point?

Also, if you preface something as  “actual news”, might be best to not dwell on something Facebook did. I wasn’t aware Facebook was still a thing rational people used.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You want to be specific about how Biden is 'handling the situation.'  I'll give him a check on reading public sentiment since it is unanimous against Russian invasion.  However I can't see that Biden is getting it done.

Easy! He devises good policy, then he carries it out. And it's doesn't have to be about him or people telling him how fantastic he is.

• Plus1 4
7 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I know it’s not just Trump. That’s why I specifically mentioned half human slimeballs. Trump may be the king of them but he isn’t the only one.

However, my main point was, dems are unlikely to retain the Executive if the economy is not good. It’s just the way it has historically worked.

I would push back on the "economy not being good" talk. The economy is actually amazing. Record job growth, falling unemployment, fast GDP growth, etc.

Inflation, somewhat separated from the economy, is very high right now. It makes those econmic gains feel bad.

There are other systemic issues with the Electoral College that means Democrats will struggle there, even if the inflation environment improves. 

3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Does this mean you do not dislike the Russian invader targets? You are at odds with Silicon Valley on that point?

Also, if you preface something as  “actual news”, might be best to not dwell on something Facebook did. I wasn’t aware Facebook was still a thing rational people used.

I'm not a fan of russian invaders but I am at odds with "Silicon Valley" on how inconsistent they are while masquerading as a neutral arbiter of acceptable and unacceptable language.

Also there's 3 billion people on Facebook. Sure, less than half the world is probably rational :lol: but that would presume that only the non-rational half of the entire globe are the ones with Facebook accounts, which obviously aren't true.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I'm not a fan of russian invaders but I am at odds with "Silicon Valley" on how inconsistent they are while masquerading as a neutral arbiter of acceptable and unacceptable language.

Also there's 3 billion people on Facebook. Sure, less than half the world is probably rational :lol: but that would presume that only the non-rational half of the entire globe are the ones with Facebook accounts, which obviously aren't true.

Correct.  There’s obviously some rational people with accounts.  Their just not the ones posting constantly. 

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

You are so far out in the weeds it’s laughable.

First thing you should know is, Biden is not my man. I mean sure, if it’s him or Trump then I choose Biden but I am a former life long republican. It took the trainwreck that is Trump to change that. But I am about the farthest thing you can find from a democrat liberal lefty. Luckily I’m not a brainwashed idiot though. 

As for your renewed ramblings about the war….

izp0tqf.gif?noredirect

Speaking of this Ukraine crisis, one person who I don't want to be president is VP Harris.  She isn't up to the job - even the job as VP.  As demonstrated by this story and several other stories during her tenure as VP.

She is a light weight forced on Biden by the Dem establishment (my understanding from other reading was that he preferred Gov Whitmer of Michigan). 

https://nypost.com/2022/03/10/harris-slammed-for-laughing-after-question-about-ukrainian-refugees/

Vice President Kamala Harris was slammed Thursday for breaking into inappropriate laughter after she was asked whether the US will take in Ukrainian refugees — leading Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky’s former press secretary to say it would be a “tragedy” if she ever became president.

The awkward moment took place during a joint press conference with Harris and Polish President Andrzej Duda in Warsaw.

The two leaders had been asked about the US accepting Ukrainian refugees or otherwise easing pressure on Poland’s strained humanitarian resources. When the reporter stopped speaking, Harris and Duda looked at each other as if each expected the other to respond first.

“OK,” Harris finally said, drawing a chuckle from Duda and the assembled reporters.

“A friend in need is a friend indeed,” the veep added before laughing loudly at her own line. After the merriment died down, Duda confirmed that he had asked Harris to help speed up the consular process so Ukrainian refugees with family in the US could stay with them.

Critics lined up to hammer the vice president on Twitter, saying the topic was “no laughing matter.”

“It would be a tragedy if this woman won the presidency,” Iuliia Mendel, a former Zelensky spokesperson, said in a quote tweet responding to a video of the interaction. She later deleted the post after backlash.

• Plus1 1

Cawthorn: " Zelensky is a Thug"

GOP rep carrying Putin's water again.  

https://lovebylife.com/nc-representative-madison-kathorn-ukrainian-president-volodymyr-zelensky-is-a-thug/

Traditional Republican comments have faced pushback from lawmakers on both sides of the aisle.

Asked about Kathorn’s comments at a Republican leadership news conference Thursday afternoon, Sen. Iowa. Joni Ernst said Russian President Vladimir Putin was a corrupt thug, not a Zelinsky.

“So to my colleague in the House, I push back and say that it is not Ukraine that is invading Russia. It is Russia invading Ukraine. And they are going to have – Russia is going to have a world of injury on their hands. But we must be able to provide them with the tools to do so.

Speaking at a news conference, Sen. Lindsey Graham, R.S.C. Catherine and others like him in the Republican Party are “outsiders.”

“I think the average Republican and Democrat in this country would give Zelinsky more points,” Graham said. “So when you see members of Congress saying these things, I want you to know one thing: they are outsiders in the largest sense possible on our part. And some on the left are outsiders.”

Rep. Ted Liu, D-Calif., Catherine posted a video clip to Twitter on Thursday And wrote, “I applaud the United States Naval Academy for having the foresight to reject GOP Rep. Madison Catharine, who lied about being accepted by the academy.”

On 3/9/2022 at 11:59 PM, Notre Dame Joe said:

There have been three excuses offered in the past day in re Polish Migs

• It is impractical to fly them into UKR
  • It is imprudent because it will provoke Russia
  • It is irrelevant because this is largely a ground war.

I had not heard about #4 Nato Technology.  Whichever one you pick, they all point to Biden being 'completely unprepared.  He went public about the impending war before it started but didn't have a plan for allied air support. 

On 3/10/2022 at 4:52 AM, JJ Husker said:

WTF are you babbling about?

This whole Poland Mig deal has absolutely nothing to do with the US/Biden being “prepared”.

Biden went “public” about the pending war before it started? That is about the silliest thing I’ve read in awhile. Putin went public by massing his war machine along the border.

And your last extremely confusing brain fart; Why do you think there needs to be an air support plan for, you know, a war we have no intention of providing air support for? You make it sound like it was Biden’s idea to transfer Migs from Poland to Ukraine (it wasn’t) and now can’t accomplish it (something he never intended to do) because he wasn’t prepared.

This whole post of yours is nothing more than a field of straw men and fabricating something to complain about Biden. What you posted is completely stupid. Every. Word.

Thank you. It's obvious NDJ is just regurgitating talking points from Fox News without applying a modicum of critical thought to them and how bat**** crazy those talking points from Fox sound. 

And it's already been documented that Russia has their nuclear defense personnel on standby, and they have already said that the US providing fighter jets to the Ukraine would be an escalation worthy of a potential nuclear response...something that there's legitimate concern from intelligence gathered of the Russians doing. 

Considering Russia's propensity for projection (e.g. recent UN meeting where Russia is accusing the US of chemical warfare in the Ukraine...when it's been documented already that chemical warfare has been used on civilians by Russia)...I don't get why people are being apologists for Putin and trying to blame Biden for something he had no control over.

• Plus1 2