Russia

15 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You sure don't read my posts but see what you think an R would say. 

Here are some actual Rs.  Even the empty suit coalition says we should have given UKR the planes. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/republicans-call-for-biden-to-send-jets-to-ukraine/ar-AAUWv9h?ocid=uxbndlbing

So, the only thing you think he needs to do different is give the planes to Ukraine that the pentagon is advising against it.  

Hmmm….pardon me but I’ll follow the experts in the pentagon. 

4 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Like dude... I want to laugh, but at this point I feel guilty doing it. Plz for the love of God, expand the sources you get your information from.

20220312_030027.jpg

did you forget to include this….purposely or on accident…..as to why Bush referred specifically to “the Space Shuttle” program and wasn’t referring to NASA like NDJ was talking about.   Yet you took it to the space shuttle program.  Read the article about why it didn’t make sense to keep going with the current space shuttle because those vessels couldn’t get us where we wanted to go in the future.    @BigRedBuster  maybe this is where you chime in with ….but but but party politics or something. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2017/02/02/why-did-nasa-end-the-space-shuttle-program/?sh=342bf3ec799f

“…we will return the Space Shuttle to flight as soon as possible, consistent with safety concerns and the recommendations of the Columbia Accident Investigation Board. The Shuttle’s chief purpose over the next several years will be to help finish assembly of the International Space Station. In 2010, the Space Shuttle — after nearly 30 years of duty — will be retired from service…”

In that same speech he outlined the plan that would develop a new Crew Exploration Vehicle (CEV), return us to the Moon, and take us to Mars. As for financing that plan, he said:

“Achieving these goals requires a long-term commitment. NASA’s current five-year budget is $86 billion. Most of the funding we need for the new endeavors will come from reallocating $11 billion within that budget. We need some new resources, however. I will call upon Congress to increase NASA’s budget by roughly a billion dollars, spread out over the next five years. This increase, along with refocusing of our space agency, is a solid beginning to meet the challenges and the goals we set today. It’s only a beginning. Future funding decisions will be guided by the progress we make in achieving our goals.”

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

13 hours ago, knapplc said:

Because it'll be funny, please explain how President Obama "started relying on Russia for transport."

:snacks:

He cancelled the space shuttle program which was doing it, and we had to start relying onRussia to get our astronauts there. We may not have to rely on Russia to transport our astronauts anymore, but some articles implied we still do. When we commercialized space travel the commercial companies were not quite ready and Obama started to pull the the plug on NASA funding. I think Trump may have reversed that, or tried, but I am not sure. I haven’t paid close enough attention. I was working on the CEV when the funding got pulled during the Obama admin. I was bummed. 

• Plus1 3

3 hours ago, Scarlet said:

More GOP support for Putin.   

There are Russian people abroad that do not like what Putin is doing. There are Russian people in Russia that think he is doing it for other reasons. Do we blame them? Maybe. They keep Putin on power. I do not have sympathy for Russians like the gymnast that wore a Z on his uniform. He can deal with the crap that comes his way. my employee who was born in Russia, raised in Israel, and is now a US citizen doesn’t support this. She Also has family back in Russia who doesn’t. I don’t think they should be discriminated against. I do not know whether this is actually happening to Russians around the world. I suspect it is. That is too bad if they don’t support the war. This reminds me of the Asian hate crimes that amped up during COVID. The left was appalled by it, until the media realized most of violent Asian attacks were perpetrated by blacks. Then they decided not to highlight it as much.

Owens missed on whatever political point she was trying make and it sucks the Russia used it. She was stupid to post this at this time.

• Plus1 2