Russia

2 hours ago, nic said:

He cancelled the space shuttle program which was doing it, and we had to start relying onRussia to get our astronauts there. We may not have to rely on Russia to transport our astronauts anymore, but some articles implied we still do. When we commercialized space travel the commercial companies were not quite ready and Obama started to pull the the plug on NASA funding. I think Trump may have reversed that, or tried, but I am not sure. I haven’t paid close enough attention. I was working on the CEV when the funding got pulled during the Obama admin. I was bummed. 

I should also say that it is unfortunate that Russia is using this Tweet. I also think Owens did this to score some political point and missed big time. 

Wrong, but not surprising. President Bush made the decision to retire the shuttle fleet long before Obama was President. The plan UNDER BUSH was to use the Russians to travel to the ISS until the Ares and Orion programs were operational. Bush's plan was to end shuttle use by 2010. The Bush Recession changed everything, unfortunately, and the Orion and Ares programs were unable to be funded.

But that's just the shuttles - NASA hasn't even been using their own rocket engines for two decades. Since President Bush, NASA has been using the RD-180 rocket engine built by Russia. That's why their spokesman recently said NASA could fly to the ISS using "broomsticks," because Russia won't sell any more rockets to us after the Ukraine sanctions.

Thanks for the laugh. It was predictable and predictably misinformed.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, nic said:

He cancelled the space shuttle program which was doing it

This was already disproven twice before you posted, and once more (now twice) after you've said it, so let's leave that point dead shall we?

3 hours ago, nic said:

Obama started to pull the the plug on NASA funding.... I was working on the CEV when the funding got pulled during the Obama admin. I was bummed. 

Was there anything going on in the world during Obama's early tenure as President that might be related to lack of funding? 

Like a global economy crash or anything? 

29 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Wrong, but not surprising. President Bush made the decision to retire the shuttle fleet long before Obama was President. The plan UNDER BUSH was to use the Russians to travel to the ISS until the Ares and Orion programs were operational. Bush's plan was to end shuttle use by 2010. The Bush Recession changed everything, unfortunately, and the Orion and Ares programs were unable to be funded.

But that's just the shuttles - NASA hasn't even been using their own rocket engines for two decades. Since President Bush, NASA has been using the RD-180 rocket engine built by Russia. That's why their spokesman recently said NASA could fly to the ISS using "broomsticks," because Russia won't sell any more rockets to us after the Ukraine sanctions.

Thanks for the laugh. It was predictable and predictably misinformed.

We could have been funded NASA better if we wanted to. Ares1, 5 and Altair were all cancelled in 2011. The programs were canceled under Obama because he had other priorities. Defunding our space program too soon was a dumbass decision. We were not ready.  Space shuttle ran until 2011. Another area were we shouldn’t be dependent on Russia, and our government got it wrong. Your welcome for the laugh. I owe you many.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, nic said:

We could have been funded NASA better if we wanted to. Ares1, 5 and Altair were all cancelled in 2011. The programs were canceled under Obama because he had other priorities. Defunding our space program too soon was a dumbass decision. We were not ready.  Space shuttle ran until 2011. Another area were we shouldn’t be dependent on Russia, and our government got it wrong. Your welcome for the laugh. I owe you many.

So you just ignore Bush's role in all of this because...?

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Putin is getting desperate. He knows he can't defeat Ukraine now, so he needs to call for backup.

It's a pretty stunning admission for a country that used to be a superpower. It'd be like the US invading Canada, then having to ask France to help us win the war.

This is the savvy guy praised by TFG and defended by Tucker Carlson.

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Putin is getting desperate. He knows he can't defeat Ukraine now, so he needs to call for backup.

It's a pretty stunning admission for a country that used to be a superpower. It'd be like the US invading Canada, then having to ask France to help us win the war.

This is the savvy guy praised by TFG and defended by Tucker Carlson.

Amen!