Russia

20 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I saw a discussion on this.  One bylaw of NATO is that NATO countries will defend any country that is occupied by another country.  So, if they were admitted into NATO right now, immediately, all NATO countries would be at war with Russia.

Also, this was true before Putin invaded because Russia occupies Crimea.  If Russia occupies that territory that is actually Ukraine, then immediately, NATO forces would be committed to war with Russia to kick them out.

Now, if Russia leaves all of that territory, then it might be possible.  

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

But, I wonder if the door is open for them to join the EU?  I think that would also be a deterrent and would give them some protection.   I still think before any sanctions are lifted that Russia be forced to pay for the rebuild of Ukraine somehow.  

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I saw a discussion on this.  One bylaw of NATO is that NATO countries will defend any country that is occupied by another country.  So, if they were admitted into NATO right now, immediately, all NATO countries would be at war with Russia.

Also, this was true before Putin invaded because Russia occupies Crimea.  If Russia occupies that territory that is actually Ukraine, then immediately, NATO forces would be committed to war with Russia to kick them out.

Now, if Russia leaves all of that territory, then it might be possible.  

I read it the same way. Interesting theoreticals 

13 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

But, I wonder if the door is open for them to join the EU?  I think that would also be a deterrent and would give them some protection.   I still think before any sanctions are lifted that Russia be forced to pay for the rebuild of Ukraine somehow.  

Wonder if EU route is more likely?

Russia Sanction List

:laughpound

I wonder if Trump and Tucker worked together on this list.

Here is a list of people included in Russia’s “stop list”:

• US President Joe Biden
  • Secretary of State Antony Blinken
  • Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin
  • Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley
  • National security adviser Jacob Sullivan
  • CIA Director William Burns
  • White House press secretary Jen Psaki
  • Daleep Singh, Biden's deputy national security adviser for international economics
  • United States Agency for International Development Administrator Samantha Power
  • President Biden's son Hunter Biden
  • Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
  • Deputy Treasury Secretary Wally Adeyemo
  • Reta Jo Lewis, president and chairman of the board of directors of the Export-Import Bank

6 hours ago, teachercd said:

Right now a 12 year playing the game os Risk seems to know more about war than the Russians.  

"Yes, I rolled 3 sixes!"

It's the closest the world will likely get to that or a Sid Maer Civilization game.  Most everything else is occupier vs insurgent or eventual nuclear war fought in the air. 

4 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Romney speaks of history and the rarity of democracy.  I'd vote for him in a heartbeat ... again.   His instincts were correct on Russia back in 2012 as history is proving him right.  Perhaps his time is yet to come in 2024.  

The link had a video with his interview wt CBS as well. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mitt-romney-american-democracy-extraordinary-challenge/

I'm glad that Romney made it clear that he does not want to be President.  I just wish he had clarified that 10 years ago.  Accusing a colleague of treason because she points out inconvenient facts already confirmed by the US Gov.  The Rs might not be the party for empty suits like Romney.  He certainly looks the part for a Lincoln Reject. 

• Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Russia Sanction List

Trump is not on it? Funny they included Hunter and Hillary. Maybe they are mad at Hillary for the reset button and Hunter frequents Russia for Vodka. Seriously this is a joke right? No one on that list is going to Russia or has money there..... Except maybe Hunter. 

• Plus1 1

This is a great thread with sub threads within explaining what was up with that 40 mile convoy and why it wasn't attacked immediately.  

It also brings up the question of whether our intelligence services saw this playing out and if that factored into the decision not to escalate on our side.  Why goad Putin into lobbing some nukes if you don't need to?  He may still do so but why give him the cover to justify it?  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Russia Sanction List

As if we needed any better proof that the Hunter Biden/Ukraine nonsense was always Russian propaganda. This is a stunning self-own by Putin. Kinda speaks to where his head is at, I think.

Funny thing is, I doubt this will deter anyone in America from their "Hunter's laptop" obsession. Sigh.

40 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

This is a great thread with sub threads within explaining what was up with that 40 mile convoy and why it wasn't attacked immediately.  

It also brings up the question of whether our intelligence services saw this playing out and if that factored into the decision not to escalate on our side.  Why goad Putin into lobbing some nukes if you don't need to?  He may still do so but why give him the cover to justify it?  

That is, if true, a very good explanation of what's happening with that convoy.

Pretty great strategy by UKR.

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

i always thought the ukrainians were saving the supplies for when they wanted to loot them.  lot's of ammo sitting there for them to use but probably no food left there.

2 hours ago, nic said:

Trump is not on it? Funny they included Hunter and Hillary. Maybe they are mad at Hillary for the reset button and Hunter frequents Russia for Vodka. Seriously this is a joke right? No one on that list is going to Russia or has money there..... Except maybe Hunter. 

not a single republican on that list.   but the far right wet dream of buttery e-mails is 

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

As if we needed any better proof that the Hunter Biden/Ukraine nonsense was always Russian propaganda. This is a stunning self-own by Putin. Kinda speaks to where his head is at, I think.

Funny thing is, I doubt this will deter anyone in America from their "Hunter's laptop" obsession. Sigh.

I think it shows who in the US he’s taking to. 

• Plus1 2