Russia

5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You would think that. 

trump would have no reason to believe putin was in the wrong to attack ukraine.    it used to be part of russia.   we and NATO would not be sending all the weapons and intelligence we are now if trump was in charge

• Plus1 1
59 minutes ago, commando said:

trump would have no reason to believe putin was in the wrong to attack ukraine.    it used to be part of russia.   we and NATO would not be sending all the weapons and intelligence we are now if trump was in charge

Not at all. In fact, TFG would be sharing intelligence and possibly weapons with Putin. He'd have had six closed-door meetings with Pooty already just since the war started. What would they talk about? That's not your business, American citizen!

• Plus1 2
15 hours ago, commando said:

i believe the biggest strategic blunder putin made in this war was waiting till trump was out of office to start it.   

China asked Putin to not invade Ukraine till after the olympics.  They knew they were going to support him (or at least not oppose him) and knew the rest of the world would condemn them for that.  They probably told him that years ago when they knew the olympics were coming up.  The olympics are done.....so then he invaded.

The entire mantra of "He didn't invade because Trump was President" is just idiotic when you look at how favorable Trump looked at Putin.

Along with...."I'm the toughest President on Russia in history."  What a f#&%ing buffoon.  

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, commando said:

the most modern russian tank deployed in service...only 30-40 said to be built so far.  they also have the t-14 that is suppose to be very modern but it's not in service at all

I wonder if it was taken out by this.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow...talk about a firework display.  

Seeing speculation that this is the product of M777 Howitzers provided by Biden. They fire a guided munition which is why we're seeing a lot of kills without a lot of collateral pock-marking. 

I believe these long guns also put some of the Russian supply lines inside Russia in range.  

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

10 hours ago, knapplc said:

Not at all. In fact, TFG would be sharing intelligence and possibly weapons with Putin. He'd have had six closed-door meetings with Pooty already just since the war started. What would they talk about? That's not your business, American citizen!

Trump would have taken out the first Russian convoy in one shot, leaving Putin to remind his people that he only lost by one score.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
46 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Trump would have taken out the first Russian convoy in one shot, leaving Putin to remind his people that he only lost by one score.

trump would have flown to Ukraine and with 1 shot of.....whatever weapon he had....destroyed a convoy and putin would be shaking in his boots?    you are more delusional than i gave you credit for.   

• Plus1 4
On 5/2/2022 at 11:50 PM, Notre Dame Joe said:

So NOW will you admit Chomsky is a political buffoon?

You don't have to admit he's always been one, I will handle that. 

Who are you talking to?

Chomsky is always incredibly well-versed and always has an interesting take, but he also likes being unpredictable, especially to people who presume his political leanings on a subject. You can tell by that clip that he really enjoyed teasing, prolonging and dropping his little Donald Trump bombshell to his progressive audience. 

I would have guessed you liked his conclusion in this case, which is not inaccurate but avoids tons of relevant context. He may have gotten to that context if the clip hadn't ended. 

Also Chomsky is old, cranky, and doesn't really care what anyone thinks.  There are a lot of buffoons that come to mind before Chomsky, and they have millions more followers. 

• Plus1 2