Russia

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Shot:

FTXSMcRUYAABf1c?format=jpg&name=orig

FTXSMcSUUAERJrT?format=jpg&name=orig

FTXSMcSUsAAWjod?format=jpg&name=orig

FTXSMcVUUAA9vI1?format=jpg&name=orig

Chaser:

Nearly 90 days into what was supposed to be a two-day war and nothing is going well for Putin. 

Have to wonder how much longer this will last.

Here's a good thread on what the near future of the Russian military might be facing.   Running out of steam, digging into a defensive mode, then facing an insurgency like they've never seen.   

• Plus1 2

29 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I feel like Russia will not have much left once Putin's war is over....except nukes I guess. No pride, no army, no leaders. It could get dangerous or it will be another Berlin Wall moment with folks in Russia going a different direction than Putin.  

7 minutes ago, nic said:

I feel like Russia will not have much left once Putin's war is over....except nukes I guess. No pride, no army, no leaders. It could get dangerous or it will be another Berlin Wall moment with folks in Russia going a different direction than Putin.  

They're going to need at least a generation to rebuild the structure of their army from the ground up. They are being embarrassed by a smaller, but more professional army in part because they have no noncom officers. They won't be able to produce that rank in short order. It's going to take decades. 

5 hours ago, nic said:

$1,000 says there's a correlation between the freedom of a country's citizens and the size of their military hats.

Na-novom-meste-sluzhby-copy.jpg

15469378_screenshot20220523124624_jpeg47

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, commando said:

these were produced from 1962 until 1975.

One of the problems with the newer soviet tanks is that they have autoloaders so they technically only need a driver, gunner, and a commander.  When they did this they store most of the ammo near the turret, so if it takes a hit, there's a good chance the ammo stores will go up, and say goodnight to hollywood.

Just now, walksalone said:

One of the problems with the newer soviet tanks is that they have autoloaders so they technically only need a driver, gunner, and a commander.  When they did this they store most of the ammo near the turret, so if it takes a hit, there's a good chance the ammo stores will go up, and say goodnight to hollywood.

and now they are short of tank crews....the t-62 requires 4 instead of 3.   there are reports that the russians have been running tanks with only 2 crew members recently due to that shortage of tankers.

1 minute ago, commando said:

and now they are short of tank crews....the t-62 requires 4 instead of 3.   there are reports that the russians have been running tanks with only 2 crew members recently due to that shortage of tankers.

so they're probably just going gunner/driver....

You think they'd have learned something after Afghanistan?