Russia

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Shouldn't the U.S. be swayed by this though?  Won't it be a situation where Russia will "export" wheat too those countries that support Russia and not to those that support Ukraine?  Essentially that'll mitigate some of the effects of sanctions.

59 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What????   The world grain market is a little like the world oil market. Whet you take a major producer off the market, it affects the world pricing and supply.   

It would not be good the have Putin in control of all the grain that moves through those ports. 

If there was a civil war in Ukraine causing the same problem do you think it would be right to get involved? I support our involvement ind this war but a raise in wheat/oil prices is not a good enough reason to be in a war in my opinion. Nor is protecting countries from famine who don’t support Ukraine and don’t want Sweden or Finland in NATO. We shouldn’t be in a war in order to help Turkey stave off famine if they won’t help themselves. 

I’d rather we do it because it’s the morally right thing to do. I think it is the right thing to do. But we shouldn’t be getting into a war because it’s going to cause famine somewhere where they aren’t willing to do the right thing themselves. I have a problem with using that as a reason, not with our involvement. 

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

If there was a civil war in Ukraine causing the same problem do you think it would be right to get involved? I support our involvement ind this war but a raise in wheat/oil prices is not a good enough reason to be in a war in my opinion. Nor is protecting countries from famine who don’t support Ukraine and don’t want Sweden or Finland in NATO. We shouldn’t be in a war in order to help Turkey stave off famine if they won’t help themselves. 

I’d rather we do it because it’s the morally right thing to do. 

I think your making an argument no one really is making. We are supporting Ukraine for many reasons and being the moral thing to do is at the top. Food and oil prices are actually going because of the war. That wasn’t our decision.  That was Putin’s.  

40 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think your making an argument no one really is making. We are supporting Ukraine for many reasons and being the moral thing to do is at the top. Food and oil prices are actually going because of the war. That wasn’t our decision.  That was Putin’s.  

I'm making a statement which is that famine in countries like Turkey isn't a reason for us to be in a war, or to get more heavily involved in a war, if they aren't a very willing partner. I want our involvement to be based on the fact Ukraine is being bullied by a superpower, not on access to wheat in countries that wont' condemn Russia. I think other people were arguing with me. You said "What" with 4 question marks like I was crazy so I figured you disagreed :P.

1 hour ago, commando said:

this is gruesome...be warned if you choose to watch this.  it looks like special effects from a predator movie.    feel free to move if needed mods.  this just seems to need to be in this thread.  

I think those guys were already dead... The guys on foot sprint away like they hear the drone, and nobody is going to just lay there after the first explosion.

19 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I think those guys were already dead... The guys on foot sprint away like they hear the drone, and nobody is going to just lay there after the first explosion.

dead bodies don't show up like that on the heat sensors.....i am thinking they were wounded.....or if dead it was very recent.