Russia

On 6/20/2022 at 4:32 PM, nic said:

...And Russia is the number one oil exporter to China. I figured China would bail them out. Europe and the US stop importing from Russia and Europe has to fire up coal plants to make up the difference. Nice. Putin is an a$$. 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/russia-energy-exports-china-displace-saudi-arabia-top-supplier

How dare they!  

But yeah, this is slowly starting to look like it is not going to end up well at all for Europe and the US.

It’s pretty amazing to me who is allowed to have a Twitter account. Literal Taliban members have Twitter. Russia is still allowed to spread propaganda from its own verified accounts. But Donald Trump cannot be on Twitter. Or at least previously had not been allowed. This is a clown world. 

Not sure if that’s a verified/legit account but there are many who still exist. 

• Plus1 2
31 minutes ago, Decked said:

It’s pretty amazing to me who is allowed to have a Twitter account. Literal Taliban members have Twitter. Russia is still allowed to spread propaganda from its own verified accounts. But Donald Trump cannot be on Twitter. Or at least previously had not been allowed. This is a clown world. 

Not sure if that’s a verified/legit account but there are many who still exist. 

To play devil’s advocate (yes I think they should remove those others if they removed Trump’s), we’re supposed to be able to assume the POTUS has the U.S.’s best interests at heart, which is why so many are duped by Trump. That’s more dangerous than Twitter accounts that the huge majority know are going to be filled with B.S. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

To play devil’s advocate (yes I think they should remove those others if they removed Trump’s), we’re supposed to be able to assume the POTUS has the U.S.’s best interests at heart, which is why so many are duped by Trump. That’s more dangerous than Twitter accounts that the huge majority know are going to be filled with B.S. 

Russia started a literal genocide of Ukraine & masked them as nazi’s needing liberation. The Taliban stones LGBTQIA+ members, enforces daily crimes against women, & forces everyone to uniformly fall under a brutal form of Sharia law because sky daddy told them so. Both parties are directly responsible for mass murder of innocents. Donald trump is a narcissist and moron. As are most of his followers. But he is not even close to the playing field as these two. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Decked said:

Russia started a literal genocide of Ukraine & masked them as nazi’s needing liberation. The Taliban stones LGBTQIA+ members, enforces daily crimes against women, & forces everyone to uniformly fall under a brutal form of Sharia law because sky daddy told them so. Both parties are directly responsible for mass murder of innocents. Donald trump is a narcissist and moron. As are most of his followers. But he is not even close to the playing field as these two. 

Have you ever watched one of the stonings, my god, it is more brutal than I ever could have imagined.  

Does anyone else see this war ending with Russia getting the land/sea areas that it wanted AND supplying China with more oil than ever AND being super stingy with oil towards Europe and Europe shifting back to coal at a high rate AND US gas prices staying sky high because of all of this?

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Does anyone else see this war ending with Russia getting the land/sea areas that it wanted AND supplying China with more oil than ever AND being super stingy with oil towards Europe and Europe shifting back to coal at a high rate AND US gas prices staying sky high because of all of this?

If only the United States had vast oil fields on her own soil we could supply and drill from until electric vehicles, renewable energies, & the electric grid became worth a s#!t…wouldn’t that be nice? Greedy bastards. 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Have you ever watched one of the stonings, my god, it is more brutal than I ever could have imagined.  

I have not and do not wish to. As a child with access to the internet in late elementary/middle school I saw plenty of shocking/disturbing things already. I don’t plan on seeing that again. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Decked said:

I have not and do not wish to. As a child with access to the internet in late elementary/middle school I saw plenty of shocking/disturbing things already. I don’t plan on seeing that again. 

Oh yeah, I have seen "Two Girls, One Cup" too!

I watched a stoning, a burning and a beheading.  Unreal stuff.

3 minutes ago, Decked said:

If only the United States had vast oil fields on her own soil we could supply and drill from until electric vehicles, renewable energies, & the electric grid became worth a s#!t…wouldn’t that be nice? Greedy bastards. 

Well, we can't do that...because of, well.

• Plus1 2