Russia

8 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Saw a story the other day that Taliban operators attempted to fly a chopper, crashed it and killed three people inside it.

And here it is:

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/black-hawk-helicopter-crashes-during-taliban-training-exercise-killing-three-2022-09-10/

Now if we had crippled those helicopters....

We are helping an Afghan refugee family settle in Denver. The husband was a pilot that helped the US. Not long ago they told us the Taliban captured his wife's father. They are rounding up "collaborators"....it doesn't turn out well for Afghans and their families that helped the US.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, nic said:

Now if we had crippled those helicopters....

We are helping an Afghan refugee family settle in Denver. The husband was a pilot that helped the US. Not long ago they told us the Taliban captured his wife's father. They are rounding up "collaborators"....it doesn't turn out well for Afghans and their families that helped the US.

It was for the ANA, we're not going to touch that. Not to mention those aren't going to have our more sensitive coms equipment and avionics because we wouldn't give them that anyway.

What happened in Afghanistan is extremely sad, but nothing really changed in the 20 years and 4 presidents since we invaded. I wish we could have got everyone out that wanted to leave, but the cold hard reality is that probably wasn't possible. It's just sad all around...

1 hour ago, nic said:

I saw yesterday that the Ukraine army reached the border with Russia. Almost didn't believe it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2022/09/12/ukraine-russia-live-updates-counteroffensive/8061826001/

I kept reading 2-3 months ago Ukraine was sending men to England to train and I was wondering how long that would take and I wonder if some of them have come back.

3 minutes ago, nic said:

Is there some significance to the kool-aid man I don't understand? People use them at the oddest times

Just think of it like "f#&% yeah!"

11 minutes ago, nic said:

Because I like maps, especially ones showing Ukraine advances.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60506682.amp

image.thumb.png.cd1e6f7ca1c5e3423f230fa51c09bc5c.png

I would guess they will start shifting south to cut off any support from the ports and close off that front. That would be a huge blow cutting off any naval support, and the supply lines for Crimea.

4 hours ago, ZRod said:

Just think of it like "f#&% yeah!"

I would guess they will start shifting south to cut off any support from the ports and close off that front. That would be a huge blow cutting off any naval support, and the supply lines for Crimea.

I want the Ukrainians to get back Crimea. It will be a day of celebration. Donbas they can leave. Too many separatists there anyway.

• Oh Yeah! 1
44 minutes ago, nic said:

I want the Ukrainians to get back Crimea. It will be a day of celebration. Donbas they can leave. Too many separatists there anyway.

Russia took a play out of colonizing playbook there, like the Brits sending the Scots into Norther Ireland. You need support for your cause? Send in a bunch of immigrants who will have your values!

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

It amazes me that people think Putin has support in the US, or that it’s actually true. I know of no one. I see all the Tucker posts here, but I don’t watch the dude so I don’t have a take on him other than he is a new talking head.  I even asked a dude I thought might fall into this category since he is sort of a conspiracy theorist. He seemed neutral on it. Isolationist I would say. He said he wouldn’t mind if Russia collapsed again but also didn’t give a crap about Ukraine or helping them. He seemed more concerned about China than anything else.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1