Russia

9 hours ago, knapplc said:

“The truth is a google away”. Sorry but this statement caught me by surprise given all the angst about misinformation on the internet, social media and tv and print media. If we all had money for every time a person is told “don’t just believe what you see on the internet.”

So I read and or listened to the non paywalled links. I hate it when the media takes an 8 second clip. That’s when you need to listen to the whole thing, but I don’t have that kind of time.

Rand Paul and his father are isolationists. Ron was more consistent and less political than his son, but Rand said there is no justification for Russia’s invasion and it appeared to me he was trying to pin the invasion on the administration for political points versus being a Putin lover. He even blamed George Bush Jr. in the beginning. I suspect Rand is a non globalist that doesn’t want the US involved anywhere…just like his dad. I would disagree that we let Russia take Ukraine and just ignore it because of old borders. Putin would weaken the US whenever he gets the chance. We may as well do the same to him.

Cawthorne is an odd dude. Obviously sick too. Isn’t he gone now? I wouldn’t believe anything the guy says. He got elected through sympathy and ejected for being a sicko. Good riddance. I don’t try and understand the mind of sickos.

The rest of the links mostly seemed to be about Tucker Carlson and Tulsi Gabbard taking whatever off the wall pot shots they could at Biden for the war. Comparing US media to Russian state is a huge exaggeration and and farce, but our media is bias in my opinion, and that includes Tucker. I am not sure what his motivations are outside of ratings and being bias against the left. He seemed to be all over the place with his statements on voting for Russia. His thoughts almost seem chaotic. I think He is going nuts like Glenn Beck did. Probably wrapped up in conspiracy theories like Mr. Beck. The Ukraine government is probably corrupt, but Russia is still the bigger enemy.

I know some folks that are probably huge Tucker fans…or may even believe Tucker is too far left now. I am curious what there opinions are on Russia/Ukraine. I suspect they think Putin is evil. They probably also think Biden is. The reason I bring this up…I am guessing the argument is that since Tucker gets 3M views a night on average it must mean the 70M people that voted for Trump are Putin lovers.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
20 minutes ago, nic said:

“The truth is a google away”. Sorry but this statement caught me by surprise given all the angst about misinformation on the internet, social media and tv and print media. If we all had money for every time a person is told “don’t just believe what you see on the internet.”

So I read and or listened to the non paywalled links. I hate it when the media takes an 8 second clip. That’s when you need to listen to the whole thing, but I don’t have that kind of time.

Rand Paul and his father are isolationists. Ron was more consistent and less political than his son, but Rand said there is no justification for Russia’s invasion and it appeared to me he was trying to pin the invasion on the administration for political points versus being a Putin lover. He even blamed George Bush Jr. in the beginning. I suspect Rand is a non globalist that doesn’t want the US involved anywhere…just like his dad. I would disagree that we let Russia take Ukraine and just ignore it because of old borders. Putin would weaken the US whenever he gets the chance. We may as well do the same to him.

Cawthorne is an odd dude. Obviously sick too. Isn’t he gone now? I wouldn’t believe anything the guy says. He got elected through sympathy and ejected for being a sicko. Good riddance. I don’t try and understand the mind of sickos.

The rest of the links mostly seemed to be about Tucker Carlson and Tulsi Gabbard taking whatever off the wall pot shots they could at Biden for the war. Comparing US media to Russian state is a huge exaggeration and and farce, but our media is bias in my opinion, and that includes Tucker. I am not sure what his motivations are outside of ratings and being bias against the left. He seemed to be all over the place with his statements on voting for Russia. His thoughts almost seem chaotic. I think He is going nuts like Glenn Beck did. Probably wrapped up in conspiracy theories like Mr. Beck. The Ukraine government is probably corrupt, but Russia is still the bigger enemy.

I know some folks that are probably huge Tucker fans…or may even believe Tucker is too far left now. I am curious what there opinions are on Russia/Ukraine. I suspect they think Putin is evil. They probably also think Biden is. The reason I bring this up…I am guessing the argument is that since Tucker gets 3M views a night on average it must mean the 70M people that voted for Trump are Putin lovers.

Seriously?

10 hours ago, nic said:

All you have to do is listen to certain Republicans like Tucker, Marge, and others.  There is obvious support within certain segments of the Republican party for Putin.

• Plus1 2

8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

All you have to do is listen to certain Republicans like Tucker, Marge, and others.  There is obvious support within certain segments of the Republican party for Putin.

Maybe I am not listening to the right folks. I am gonna fish around though. When I find someone I actually know who supports Putin I will absolutely let you know. Even if their comments only imply it. With I all the stuff posted on here, I should be able to tell whether they sound like Tucker. 

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, nic said:

Maybe I am not listening to the right folks. I am gonna fish around though. When I find someone I actually know who supports Putin I will absolutely let you know. Even if their comments only imply it. With I all the stuff posted on here, I should be able to tell whether they sound like Tucker. 

I am with you, I run with plenty of Repubs and I don't see it?  Zero of them support Putin.  Could it be that people don't follow these stupid talking heads?  If AOC says something stupid, does it mean that all Dems follow her?

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I am with you, I run with plenty of Repubs and I don't see it?  Zero of them don't support Putin.  Could it be that people don't follow these stupid talking heads?  If AOC says something stupid, does it mean that all Dems follow her?

Some do, but even the ones who voted for her in the primary don’t agree with everything she says or believes. Some just pull the Dem lever. Some are with on most issues, but not necessarily all. I don’t think Dems are all anti Israel just because Talib and Omar seem to be. Politicians are good at panting a broad brush to fire up their base or score political points. 

11 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

I am with you, I run with plenty of Repubs and I don't see it?  Zero of them support Putin.  Could it be that people don't follow these stupid talking heads?  If AOC says something stupid, does it mean that all Dems follow her?

I believe Tucker is one of the most watched news shows on TV.  There must be a lot that like what he says.

• Plus1 2