Russia

42 minutes ago, commando said:

these russians not only survive...but also gain $50,000 by turning over the IFV.  that might explain how we are seeing so many captured vehicles 

What Ukraine needs to do is treat these guys very well.  Then, make videos of them being treated well and start broadcasting it to other Russian troops.  But, somehow they would have to do it in a way that protects their identity, or Putin would have people show their families how to jump out of windows.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

What Ukraine needs to do is treat these guys very well.  Then, make videos of them being treated well and start broadcasting it to other Russian troops.  But, somehow they would have to do it in a way that protects their identity, or Putin would have people show their families how to jump out of windows.

If you recall they were doing that early on, but showing their names and faces.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

That was people that were dead. 

No, they were interviewing captured soliders who were talking about how they were lied to and told they were on a training exercise, and how the Ukrainians weren't a bunch of Nazis.

12 hours ago, ZRod said:

No, they were interviewing captured soliders who were talking about how they were lied to and told they were on a training exercise, and how the Ukrainians weren't a bunch of Nazis.

I guess I don't remember that.  I remember them showing dead soldiers and that was controversial.

On 2/28/2022 at 4:28 PM, TGHusker said:

Related to the Wendy Rogers post above, Here is a thread of GOP leaders as they denouce Biden and his response to Russia.

:facepalm:

Reveal hidden contents

They are all nuts

so nice to look back on the mutterings of those fools

30 minutes ago, commando said:

going to put this in a spoiler.   the russian prisoners wounds are crawling with maggot when the ukrainian medics first see him.    there is follow up video of him recovering after treatment

Hide contents

Wow.  The maggots probably helped him till he got help. 

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Wow.  The maggots probably helped him till he got help. 

probably.  i have heard that the maggots only clean the dead tissue and leave the healthy tissue...but damn.....i would hope to treat it better if it was me.   

It’s refreshing to watch Putin’s war implode on him. I never thought the war would end in Ukraines favor when it started, but they may actually get back territory lost before this round.  Russia may also find a new leader. Remarkable.