Russia

17 hours ago, ZRod said:

I think the digital compression is heavily distorting the video. He walks like Vlad, and has the right high heel shoes on.

Maybe but Putler is notorious for keep his right arm immobile by his side.  Old habit from his KGB days supposedly.  That guy's flailing it all over the place.  I also don't think Putler has the balls to visit Crimea and Mariupol.  He'd more likely send one of his doubles.  I guess it doesn't really matter though.  I just thought it was interesting.

I wonder if part of the difficulty of the invasion is due to the Soviet style apartment buildings. I knew that was what most of the public housing was and it's still all over in their cities, but I was looking up Vuhledar today and it only has 14,000 people but it still has 2, 3, and 4 story buildings all over the place (maybe higher than that, hard to tell). You don't see that in the U.S. in small towns. It gives a lot of places to shoot from and hide behind.

I'm just reading now this town was built in the 1960s just for the coal miners to live in. That might explain why there are so many of these buildings. It was a planned city.

52342343243543.jpg

• Plus1 1

FWIW...i don't think F-16s by themselves would give ukraine much more capability.    and it would take valuable pilots and ground support teams away from ukraine right now to train them how to use and maintain these planes.    keep giving them mig-29 and SU-25 until the war is over then integrate the F-16's seems like a logical step right now.  maybe someone who knows more about f-16 vs mig 29       as stand alone systems can tell me i am full of s#!t but it seems that right now the priority is to keep them supplied with what they know how to use now.

You have to wonder if this and other rebukes of Putin by Girkin are a harbinger of Putin's future inside Russia.  This seems like laying the ground work for Putin to be blamed, and thus justifying his replacement by Russia's hard right elements of their security apparatus.  

• 2 weeks later...

16 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Live by the bomb, die by the bomb

This guy was at one point saying who cares what the international community thinks about the atrocities in Bucha.  Russians should embrace it so that the world would fear them.  

might be russian infighting.   the bar was owned by the guy who runs Wagner (prickzone or however you spell his name) and it might have been a message sent to him.   of course it could have been an anti war message or even ukraine commandos.   but i tend to think it's political messaging russian style

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, commando said:

ministry of defense building.   does the black smoke mean a new president has been elected?  or was that white smoke?

This is playing out like a Tom Clancy book. Soon Putin is going to plan to use nukes on his own troops and the generals will over throw him

• 2 weeks later...