Russia

There can’t be more than 100 guys in this Russian volunteer core. Great tool for media but not much for results. 

according to a podcast I regularly watch they’ve taken over a police station & Russia may or may not have ordered to shoot anyone in a police uniform. Not confirmed. Wild stuff. 

7 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I mean, it's kinda cool watching Ukraine take the fight TO Russia, but if Putin and the Russian people realize they are now being attacked, it changes the diplomatic and military options, and not in a good way. 

How do you think it changes the diplomatic and military options? I would have agreed with this about 8 months ago. Right now I'm not sure without more explanation. But this is assuming this is a one- time thing or there are just occasional border excursions.

• Plus1 1

On 5/25/2023 at 6:43 PM, Moiraine said:

How do you think it changes the diplomatic and military options? I would have agreed with this about 8 months ago. Right now I'm not sure without more explanation. But this is assuming this is a one- time thing or there are just occasional border excursions.

It's a bit like Desert Storm: you can assemble a big international coalition to provide military support and enforce anti-Russia sanctions to punish Putin for his aggression, but the deal is off if you become the invader or try to execute regime change. You risk a nuclear option and a more involved China. Also, at a time when Putin is having a hard time selling this war to his own people, it really changes the narrative if Ukraine is the invading force and the Russians are indeed defending their country. Putin was mocked for declaring Ukraine (and NATO) a threat to Russia, so it's risky to prove him right.