Russia

6 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Biden is giving up control by allowing Putin to decide where the red lines will be drawn.  A strong leader sets the boundaries and the other side can dare to cross them.  The only explanation that makes sense is that Russia communicated sending fighter planes to UKR is an act of war.   Agreeing to it makes Biden look somehow weaker in Putin's eyes.

And....where would you suggest Biden draw those lines?  Sure seems like he and NATO have drawn them at the border of NATO and then help Ukraine as much as possible.

Are you saying that red line should be the Ukraine border? So, we should be sending in troops to kick Russia out?

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And....where would you suggest Biden draw those lines?  Sure seems like he and NATO have drawn them at the border of NATO and then help Ukraine as much as possible.

Are you saying that red line should be the Ukraine border? So, we should be sending in troops to kick Russia out?

NDJoe sure seems to be wanting all out war

1 hour ago, commando said:

NDJoe sure seems to be wanting all out war

You sure don't read my posts but see what you think an R would say. 

58 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I keep seeing Republicans roll their eyes and act disgusted with how Biden is handling the situation.  But, not once have I had them give a significant change in action they think needs to be taken. 

Here are some actual Rs.  Even the empty suit coalition says we should have given UKR the planes. 

More than 40 Republican senators have written an open letter in which they say they "strongly disagree" with Biden's stance.

They have now called on him to immediately "facilitate the transfer of aircraft and air defence systems".

The letter is led by Iowa senator Joni Ernst and Utah's Mitt Romney - and includes signatures from most of their Republican Senate colleagues, including minority leader Mitch McConnell.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/republicans-call-for-biden-to-send-jets-to-ukraine/ar-AAUWv9h?ocid=uxbndlbing

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Here are some actual Rs.  Even the empty suit coalition says we should have given UKR the planes. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/republicans-call-for-biden-to-send-jets-to-ukraine/ar-AAUWv9h?ocid=uxbndlbing

I wonder if the US military agrees with those Republicans about the planes?

• Plus1 1

The Republican plan:

1) See what Biden does

2) Demand he do the opposite

3) Have followers repeat this mindlessly

4)... Profit

It's super easy to win this for the Republicans when their constituents don't think through the ramifications of their actions.

• Plus1 6
28 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

so those 40 year old planes from poland(all 28 of them) will tip air superiority to the ukrainians?    russia only has 5,500 planes in it's air force.    and FWIW...ukraine still has 80% of the planes they started the war with....56 now,    they aren't using them because of all the russian AA.   the warplanes issue is really a non issue.    keep getting drones, hand held anti tank and anti aircraft misles to the ukrainians and pray for an extended muddy season.   the russian economy is in free fall and hopefully that will force russia to ease back.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

The Republican plan:

1) See what Biden does

4)... Profit

It's super easy to win this for the Republicans when their constituents don't think through the ramifications of their actions.

Completely agree but will add a caveat. The same can be said for staunch democrats in the "we would do the opposite". I am just completely at a loss how we let the noisest radical minority in each party dictate the news/sm narrative. We all (the sensible middle) just sit here and let the highschool theatrics play out.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

The Republican plan:

1) See what Biden does

4)... Profit

"Repeal and replace Ukraine!"