Russia

2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

If you were invading would you rather be in a T-34 or whatever passes for a Humvee in Russia?

I doubt the 'experts' know either.

19 minutes ago, commando said:

t-34?   what year is this?  the russians are using t-72s, t-80s and some t-90s,    most of them are better armored than our abrahms and our hand held anti tank weapons are treating them like soup cans.    

And he has the brass to call out “experts”.

How some people don’t realize they are pathetic is scary…

These folks are everywhere.

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's pretty pathetic that she's helping spread Russian propaganda.

Telling that the Trumpists come out in support of a Democrat only when one starts to spread Putin's propaganda.  It's almost like that's been their m.o. from the start.

3 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Telling that the Trumpists come out in support of a Democrat only when one starts to spread Putin's propaganda.  It's almost like that's been their m.o. from the start.

I’m asking what was treasonous?  Quite different than saying I support what was said.  One would hope you understand this:dunno  

• Plus1 2
37 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Apparently, Treasonous has become synonymous with idiotic…

Yeah, people love throwing around the treason word quite often around here without actually saying what was actually treason.  It usually just leads back to dumb comments or comments a poster didn’t like so it’s labeled “treason” 

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's pretty pathetic that she's helping spread Russian propaganda.

Pathetic, if that’s what is going on, is far different than treason 

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m asking what was treasonous?  Quite different than saying I support what was said.  One would hope you understand this:dunno  

Did I mention you?  Did I say treasonous?  I did say she's pushing Putin's propaganda that the US is funding dangerous biolabs.  Don't most universities and all hospitals have biolabs?  And yet Putin is bombing the hell out of those facilities.  Where's Tulsi on that?  No, she'd rather point to "US funded labs" to gaslight the gullible and support the notion that somehow Russia was justified in their invasion.  Whether she explicitly goes that far or whether she's naive about what she's doing is immaterial.

• Plus1 2

Wasn’t Gabbard a Dem candidate for President? Maybe she is secretly a Russian spy.

meanwhile Russia is bombing evacuation trains.

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-deadly-strike-refugee-train-ukraine-war-kramatorsk-lviv-1687523

And Musk is challenging Putin to fight for Ukraine 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/elon-musk-putin-single-combat-ukraine-russia-responds-little-devil

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Did I mention you?  Did I say treasonous?  I did say she's pushing Putin's propaganda that the US is funding dangerous biolabs.  Don't most universities and all hospitals have biolabs?  And yet Putin is bombing the hell out of those facilities.  Where's Tulsi on that?  No, she'd rather point to "US funded labs" to gaslight the gullible and support the notion that somehow Russia was justified in their invasion.  Whether she explicitly goes that far or whether she's naive about what she's doing is immaterial.

1) Is the US funding biolabs in Ukraine?  I don’t know, haven’t given any time to research this.  Wouldn’t most biolabs be considered dangerous to some degree? 

2) From what I briefly read about her apparently  “treasonous” comments according to Mitt Romney, she is saying those labs must be secured (if they exist) .  Hmmm…seems like a logical thought.  
3) I did not read from her that Russia was justified in their invasion or “gaslighting” to support Russia.  Maybe you would like to post those comments from her that you saw and I may have missed.  

• Plus1 2

After reviewing the last few pages and re: the topic of "What more should we be doing," as a corollary, it's nice to see Americans asking such a question when faced with a humanitarian crisis wherein there's relatively little of direct interest to us. Obviously stopping a madman committing war crimes is good and it's a double whammy if we also stick it in Russia's eye but otherwise there's no direct strategic gain to us getting involved so the fact we're talking about doing things that are just inherently good to stop human suffering after four years of "America First" style politics is refreshing.

I'd also add I'm interested in how this would've been handled differently under the past administration, how they would've messaged their responses, etc.

But the original question IS a hard one because we've used a lot of our options that won't result in direct retaliation spilling over into a wider war. One idea I've seen tossed about would be a cyberattack on Russia to further disrupt their logistics, finances, communication, etc. It would be fitting considering how much they've used cyber warfare to their advantage recently. But it would definitely draw a response...

• Plus1 1

Re: Bio labs in Ukraine (My very uneducated first thoughts)

1.  Aren't these labs very important since they can give insight on transmissible diseases that will greatly help us in future outbreaks?  I think the last two years can show us that preparation is key.

2.  I really don't want these labs in Omaha, NE.  You know, in case there was a leak! I'm happy to have my govt fund these labs in a location halfway around the world.  I'm guessing scientists are learning the same things no matter the location.

3.  Shouldn't we be shouting (and doing everything possible) at Russia to stop firing in case they were to blow these labs up?!?!  I mean why does this talking point make Ukraine the "bad guy"?  Assuming these are controlled environments, all the folks pushing this agenda should agree that Russia is putting the world at risk of the next outbreak, not Ukraine.

Am I way off base here?

• Plus1 2