Russia

34 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

In fairness, I'm not sure there's much more we can do. The Biden Administration's approach is to try and apply pressure in conjunction with EU member states, in a show of solidarity amongst Western Democracies. 

When possible, they've announced actions like banning oil imports, which most EU member states can't do. They've supplied huge numbers of weaponry and aid, with presumably more on the way. 

I'm not sure what more the West could reasonably do at this point. 

Agree.  I believe the only weapons we have not provided are the much debated planes.

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

In fairness, I'm not sure there's much more we can do. The Biden Administration's approach is to try and apply pressure in conjunction with EU member states, in a show of solidarity amongst Western Democracies. 

When possible, they've announced actions like banning oil imports, which most EU member states can't do. They've supplied huge numbers of weaponry and aid, with presumably more on the way. 

I'm not sure what more the West could reasonably do at this point. 

I find it a little distrubing how similar this is to the events that lead up to Pearl Harbor and the US entering WWII. Granted we don't have large scale conflicts ongoing in multiple theaters, but we have backed Russia into a tight corner like we did with imperial Japan. It shouldn't surprise anyone when Russia retaliate against the West. Which makes me wonder if we should begin military operations anyway. It all feels somewhat inevitable, but hopefully I'm wrong...

1 minute ago, ZRod said:

I find it a little distrubing how similar this is to the events that lead up to Pearl Harbor and the US entering WWII. Granted we don't have large scale conflicts ongoing in multiple theaters, but we have backed Russia into a tight corner like we did with imperial Japan. It shouldn't surprise anyone when Russia retaliate against the West.l, which makes me wonder if we should begin military operations anyway. It all feels somewhat inevitable, but hopefully I'm wrong...

This has been my line of thinking.  Now that they are talking about our astronauts at the ISS.  I am assuming behind the scenes we are planning since we may get tossed into this eventually.  

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

I find it a little distrubing how similar this is to the events that lead up to Pearl Harbor and the US entering WWII. Granted we don't have large scale conflicts ongoing in multiple theaters, but we have backed Russia into a tight corner like we did with imperial Japan. It shouldn't surprise anyone when Russia retaliate against the West. Which makes me wonder if we should begin military operations anyway. It all feels somewhat inevitable, but hopefully I'm wrong...

This is a very difficult situation.  I've been in business situations before where something looks "inevitable" so why not go ahead with it and sometimes those ended up coming true and sometimes not.  The obvious difference here is that people's lives are at stake....BOTH ways.  Right now, Ukrainians are losing their lives.  If we engage, Americans and other western military people will lose their lives.

I'm glad I don't have to make the decision.

• Plus1 1

the deathshead SS division wore that patch.   they were the guys who followed behind the  German front lines and executed thousands of jews on the eastern front.   very few soldiers ever live long enough to kill 250 enemies...but executioners do

lol...is the camera man walking backwards in front of the mine clearing crew?    this has to be some kind of propaganda...right?   or are the mine clearing crews smart enough to get an idiot to walk in front of them to clear the mines for them?

3 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

This has been my line of thinking.  Now that they are talking about our astronauts at the ISS.  I am assuming behind the scenes we are planning since we may get tossed into this eventually.  

Overall, I personally find it extremely unlikely. 

Unlike WWII, any conflict between powerful nations involves nuclear weapons, which leaves no winner. Russia is well aware that their conventional military would get pulverized by NATO. Especially after their current debacle in Ukraine.  The West knows this too. There aren't many scenarios where our conventional forces clash and Russia just let's their military forces get pulverized and embarrassed. They'd use WMDs in a hurry. 

It's extremely unlikely. The mostly likely outcome is a slow decline of Russia, who seems destined to become a glorified Chinese vassal state. China is licking their chops at the idea getting a former super power on a steep discount.

1 hour ago, commando said:

reminds me of the final solution

I wonder if Putin has very evil people around him that are convincing him of this or, does this come from Putin himself?  Either way, it doesn't make a difference on what needs to happen with Russian leadership.  But, it would be interesting to know.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

How in the world would they know this?

knowing which units re there is relatively easy....there are dead russians there with unit patches on and ukraine and the nato help has been picking up communications all war long.   .    and with all of nato providing intel i imagine we do know a lot about the troops in the units.

23 hours ago, nic said:

If google is right,   3.21 million average. Not sure if this is just US.

US population: 332 million. It’s not going to keep me up at night.
BTW, I heard a few people say that FOX is too moderate.

Now that might keep you up at night.

Tucker called out Frank Gehry for designing ugly buildings that depress anyone who has to see them.  No one else in the infotainment nursery can think like Tucker.

20 minutes ago, commando said:

knowing which units re there is relatively easy....there are dead russians there with unit patches on and ukraine and the nato help has been picking up communications all war long.   .    and with all of nato providing intel i imagine we do know a lot about the troops in the units.

Maybe so.  But, to know that detail is impressive. That would take intelligence inside Russia. 

2 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Tucker called out Frank Gehry for designing ugly buildings that depress anyone who has to see them.  No one else in the infotainment nursery can think like Tucker.

WTF???

I hope you’re joking. 

But, from your posting I assume you’re and avid Tucker junkie. 

• Plus1 1