Russia

39 minutes ago, nic said:

It happens a lot. Daily at least. Maybe every few hours. It’s not just this topic. It’s lots of different topics. I think I know how you all feel about Tucker. I guess you all are venting or trying to somehow reduce his audience. Do you think you will convince ND Joe to stop watching? I prefer seeing news that I missed about what going on in Ukraine, but I guess I will have filter the posts instead.

Telling on oneself over and over.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

It’s a start. Didn’t directly blame Russia though. It’s probably hard to condemn Russia without looking like a hypocrite over the Uryghurs.

China on Wednesday called images that appeared to show civilians in Bucha and other Ukrainian cities intentionally killed "deeply disturbing" and called for an investigation.

Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian said Wednesday that China supports all initiatives and measures “conducive to alleviating the humanitarian crisis” in the country and is “ready to continue to work together with the international community to prevent any harm to civilians.”

Beijing has been reluctant to criticize ally Russia over the war and didn't actually blame Russia for the killings Wednesday.

India, which has also avoided criticizing Russia over the invasion, said it "unequivocally" condemned the situation in Bucha.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Edit: never mind. China is still covering for Russia.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/06/china/china-reacts-bucha-ukraine-atrocities-intl-hnk-mic/index.html

• Plus1 4

ukriane offers $500,000 for every helicopter in working condition delivered to ukraine by russian defectors.  looks like they finally got 1   now if they could payout the $1,000,000 offer for fighter jets things could get interesting

• Oh Yeah! 2
On 4/5/2022 at 12:57 PM, Crusader Husker said:

In college I was in a choir that toured Germany.  I was amazed by the people that minimized what the Nazi's did.  They said it was part of war.

I have always felt that the UN was a spineless organization that did nothing.  I am going to be interested to see how they handle this disaster.  I hope they change my mind.

It's spineless because we have bad actors (namely Russia...) that can veto anything that comes out of it. Remove Russia from the Security Council, and things will happen in a hurry. 

Also, don't forget the United States has also been the bad actor on the Security Council (like under the previous administration), so to call the UN spineless and say they did nothing when the US has been the reason the UN cannot do anything on occasion in the past is somewhat hypocritical. 

• Plus1 1
On 4/4/2022 at 2:27 PM, commando said:

knowing which units re there is relatively easy....there are dead russians there with unit patches on and ukraine and the nato help has been picking up communications all war long.   .    and with all of nato providing intel i imagine we do know a lot about the troops in the units.

20 hours ago, nic said:

I don’t know. I don’t watch Tucker….well not until the other day when I watched part of a show to see what the fuss is all about and reported back that he seems like a conspiracy theorist. You all should start a “Tucker is a piece of xxxx” topic. It would be a hot thread within the hour.

It's okay, it's obvious none of them have watched a full episode of Tucker ever and are knowingly going off dishonest reporting from fellow liberals.  Sometimes they even make it up entirely.   

18 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

I

I don't want to paint with a broad stroke.  It was one family we stayed with when we were going to visit one of the consecration camps.  This was the comment they made.  This was in 92.  I sensed some of it was embarrassment by the whole situation.  Our German hosts did not want to enter the place when we visited.  We we at Bergen Belsen.   

We also had to deal with some awkwardness with another host family in the old East Germany.  I commented how beautiful the church was we sang in.  The grandfather told us it was rebuilt in the 50's because the Americans blew it up.  I remember I was like, sorry??  Over all it was a great visit, but the war that happened 45 years before that did cause some awkward moments.

We all have bad things in our past.  America has plenty of them too.

There has been a lot of wars in that part of the world that don't make the American history books.  I still am finding out about small wars that were not that long ago.  One example is the Chechnyan war with Russia that was American media mentioned briefly in terms of a counter-terrorism police operation.  

16 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why are you bothered so much by people pointing out prominent Americans that support Putin in this war?

Because it is a lie.  It exploits the victims to gratify your political passions and is thus some of the worst things you have said. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 5
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, nic said:

This is making me sick….What the hell is Putin’s goal …slaughter civilians. Does he get away with this?

https://www.foxnews.com/world/russian-crematoria-mariupol-new-auschwitz-mayor

I'm sure Tucker Carlson will call this whole thing a false flag operation and suggest they're just burning fuel to stay warm. 

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Because it is a lie.  It exploits the victims to gratify your political passions and is thus some of the worst things you have said. 

Tucker literally said he supports Putin and is rooting for Russia.

Others have been openly spreading Russian propaganda.

Sorry if that hurts pointing that out to you.  But....maybe you should start thinking about who you are supporting.

• Plus1 4
39 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Tucker literally said he supports Putin and is rooting for Russia.

Not trying to flame you, and don't care if he goes down in flames, but genuinely curious when/where he has stated either of those things?

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1