Russia

45 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Apparently any hope of rational heads prevailing within the inner circle of Russia's regime was wishful thinking as the military there wants an escalation of force up to and including nuking targets inside Ukraine.  They seem to be on a global murder/suicide mission.  

https://cepa.org/vicious-blame-game-erupts-among-putins-security-forces/?fbclid=IwAR1QzmLXG4xaS6gAz25t4XhjLnEYsHzzVcboZZ7lGYYtjWQLWwkUknCDJdI

This is no more concerning than Putin “putting nuclear forces on high alert.” Nor does it say anything about how the military or Putin’s inner circle feels about the war. Anything you hear out of Russia that isn’t anonymous should be assumed to be directly from Putin. 

6 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

This is no more concerning than Putin “putting nuclear forces on high alert.” Nor does it say anything about how the military or Putin’s inner circle feels about the war. Anything you hear out of Russia that isn’t anonymous should be assumed to be directly from Putin. 

Are you tossing aside what was in the article as disinformation?  I'm not understanding your point.   I read it as stating that the military is not happy with the direction the war has taken especially after Putin backed out of his attempt to take Kyiv and that as the Ukrainians continue to stymie the Russians, some in the military there are promoting an escalation up to the use of nuclear weapons.  I posted the article as food for thought.   Who really knows what's going on inside the Kremlin but the authors claim to have sources.  Whether or not that's valid, I guess we'll find out.

17 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Are you tossing aside what was in the article as disinformation?  I'm not understanding your point.   I read it as stating that the military is not happy with the direction the war has taken especially after Putin backed out of his attempt to take Kyiv and that as the Ukrainians continue to stymie the Russians, some in the military there are promoting an escalation up to the use of nuclear weapons.  I posted the article as food for thought.   Who really knows what's going on inside the Kremlin but the authors claim to have sources.  Whether or not that's valid, I guess we'll find out.

I assumed the point was based on what you quoted. It was a weird part of the article to quote because it didn't match the point that was being made. A channel saying something is meaningless. Intel isn't.

8 hours ago, teachercd said:

Wait...

Are you more surprised that Spain has weapons or that they still have a Queen?

7 hours ago, GSG said:

It was definitely the Queen part for me lol

And a pretty hot queen at that. Beats the heck out of England’s :lol:

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It’s easy to talk about diplomatic solutions when you have no clue about reality. 

people actually involved know there is no diplomatic solution as long as Putin has the attitude he does. 

yep...we don't need a Neville Chamberlain (sp?)

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1