Russia

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/30/europe/mikhail-gorbachev-dies-intl/index.html

Mikhail Gorbachev, the last president of the Soviet Union before its dissolution, has died in Moscow at the age of 92, according to official statements.

Gorbachev, whose tumultuous rule was associated with the terms perestroika and glasnost (reform and openness) died after a long illness, Russian state news agencies reported.
"Mikhail Sergeevich Gorbachev died this evening after a severe and prolonged illness," the Central Clinical Hospital said, according to RIA / Novosti Tuesday.

On 8/29/2022 at 2:39 PM, Scarlet said:

I haven't heard this one yet as to why Russia has bogged down in Ukraine.  :facepalm:

If anything, China's playing the long game, watching Russia get it's a$$ handed to them, just waiting until the attrition is to the point where the can walk in and say, "thank you"

4 hours ago, nic said:

I would love to have Gorby and the Gipper in charge again.

Not sure why someone gave your post the laugh face but I’d much rather have Gorby and Ronald leading our nations then Putin and his former puppet in the WH -trump 

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Not sure why someone gave your post the laugh face but I’d much rather have Gorby and Ronald leading our nations then Putin and his former puppet in the WH -trump 

Maybe they like alliteration. :D

Remember the takes that we shouldn't be helping the Ukrainians defend themselves against a fascist regime invading their sovereign territory because the Russians would wind up winning anyway?  Those were awesome. 

How many pockets are the Russians now in danger of being isolated in?  Kherson, Izium?  I'm still wondering if this gets bad enough for the Russians how long will it be until Putin pulls out a tactical nuke.