Russia

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

What?

Those are two different wars. Two different situations. @Scarlet's post had nothing to do with Afghanistan.

Scarlets post said the Russians ran away and left equipment. You said the US left the equipment for the Afghan Army.  The Afghan Army gave up to the Taliban within hours. Two examples of forces hastily withdrawing from the fight and leaving their adversaries with a bunch of equipment. I guess when one side is losing badly and withdraws too quickly the other side gets the spoils of war.

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, ZRod said:

I could be wrong, but I thought most of what was left were Humvees, disabled aircraft, disabled MRAPs, and non-precision munitions. We left a lot of s#!t, but most of the mechanical stuff could never be used again.

I don't recall any main battle tanks, APCs, or mobile AA being mentioned.

I remembered reading that some helicopters were operational, but it’s been awhile. 

54 minutes ago, nic said:

I remembered reading that some helicopters were operational, but it’s been awhile. 

Saw a story the other day that Taliban operators attempted to fly a chopper, crashed it and killed three people inside it.

And here it is:

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/black-hawk-helicopter-crashes-during-taliban-training-exercise-killing-three-2022-09-10/

8 hours ago, nic said:

7 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Saw a story the other day that Taliban operators attempted to fly a chopper, crashed it and killed three people inside it.

And here it is:

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/black-hawk-helicopter-crashes-during-taliban-training-exercise-killing-three-2022-09-10/

That one specifically was given to the ANA. The video shows it with their tan paint scheme.

I think most of the operational ones were part of the ANA. Our forces are usually pretty outstanding at operational security, but there's always something that will fall through so I'm sure some things were missed.