Russia

20 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

The Fox News of Russia says what?  Brainwashing idiots the world over and even more evidence that if you don't support Ukraine, you support genocide. 

it's almost like they are desperate to find a final solution for their ukrainan problem

9 minutes ago, Decked said:

Supposedly another massive Friday announcement coming. No Abrams. 

i've read some opinions that we should send all our M-60s.  they are retired...but the marines used them in the gulf war and they performed well against the T-72s.   in iraq the M-60s destroyed 100 t-72 while losing only 1 of ours

Everything I've seen is that Russia is prepping for another heave-ho within the next few months or even weeks and we're going to be wondering again if Ukraine can hold out.

I'm just glad I'm not president.  After a couple Deanston 12s I would have solved the immediate problem months ago.  

55 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Everything I've seen is that Russia is prepping for another heave-ho within the next few months or even weeks and we're going to be wondering again if Ukraine can hold out.

I'm just glad I'm not president.  After a couple Deanston 12s I would have solved the immediate problem months ago.  

I don't think it's anything to worry about. Russia is less capable of doing anything now than they were 10 months ago.

16 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don't think it's anything to worry about. Russia is less capable of doing anything now than they were 10 months ago.

they have a few hundred thousand more troops than they had 10 months ago.   and they have brought a lot of equipment out of storage.  it may be older equipment...but old bullets hurt as much as new bullets..   

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, commando said:

they have a few hundred thousand more troops than they had 10 months ago.   and they have brought a lot of equipment out of storage.  it may be older equipment...but old bullets hurt as much as new bullets..   

Still not concerned based on the assessment I've heard of their troops and plans. And I would call them "troops." They are unmotivated conscripts that may be slightly more trained than the fodder they are throwing in the east right now because they might have 2 months of training before they're sent to Ukraine instead of 1 week or less. And one of if not the only plan(s) is to take Kyiv. They don't have close to the ability to do that without nukes. Their equipment is subpar to Ukraine's now and they are having huge problems with both ammunition and missile supply.

The town they are bragging about taking had a pop. of 10,000 people and was taken by their best trained forces. Ukraine has made gains in the past day in taking a town with a population of 18,000 just north of Soledar.

Also, I'm not sure on the "few hundred thousand more troops" #. They intended 190K for the invasion. Thus far, they have 453K losses. Around 340K of those are wounded so some may be counted twice if they get sent back, but they have sent a lot more than whatever the original # was into the war already. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Still not concerned based on the assessment I've heard of their troops and plans. And I would call them "troops." They are unmotivated conscripts that may be slightly more trained than the fodder they are throwing in the east right now because they might have 2 months of training before they're sent to Ukraine instead of 1 week or less. And one of if not the only plan(s) is to take Kyiv. They don't have close to the ability to do that without nukes. Their equipment is subpar to Ukraine's now and they are having huge problems with both ammunition and missile supply.

The town they are bragging about taking had a pop. of 10,000 people and was taken by their best trained forces. Ukraine has made gains in the past day in taking a town with a population of 18,000 just north of Soledar.

Also, I'm not sure on the "few hundred thousand more troops" #. They intended 190K for the invasion. Thus far, they have 453K losses. Around 340K of those are wounded so some may be counted twice if they get sent back, but they have sent a lot more than whatever the original # was into the war already. 

where are you seeing that many casualties claimed?   i don't think ukrainian propaganda even claims that many losses.   and it's best to not underestimate the enemy.   ukraine knows to prepare for anything.

1 hour ago, commando said:

where are you seeing that many casualties claimed?   i don't think ukrainian propaganda even claims that many losses.   and it's best to not underestimate the enemy.   ukraine knows to prepare for anything.

I'm a Ukrainian homer. For some reason there is confusion outside of Ukraine when they talk of 100K casualties on whether they mean deaths or wounded, which is weird to me because they could just ask, but the native Ukrainian speakers reporting on the war call these deaths and have additional #s of wounded. They have claimed they use visual confirmation for these #s, but in typical wars the wounded # is at least 3X the deaths #.

That said, for a more neutral number, as of November the EU estimated that 60K Russians had been killed and 180K had been wounded. 240K is still much more than the 190K they sent in at the beginning, and there are all sorts of reports of the conscripted being sent IMMEDIATELY to the front lines.