Russia

12 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Still not concerned based on the assessment I've heard of their troops and plans.

Remember that many of these assessments are made by the same people who thought Ukraine would collapse in a couple of weeks. War is chaotic and even the best assessments are still just educated guesses.

14 hours ago, commando said:

i've read some opinions that we should send all our M-60s.  they are retired...but the marines used them in the gulf war and they performed well against the T-72s.   in iraq the M-60s destroyed 100 t-72 while losing only 1 of ours

I mean at this point they can’t be good for much other than target practice. That’s costly repair. And will be costly for them in parts/repairing down broken tanks/training engineers to be able to work on them. 

2 minutes ago, Decked said:

I mean at this point they can’t be good for much other than target practice. That’s costly repair. And will be costly for them in parts/repairing down broken tanks/training engineers to be able to work on them. 

the plan i saw was that morocco donates the hundreds they have kept in good shape and upgraded.  they wanted to retire them anyway and replace them with Abrams.   we could replace those the same way we gave Abrams to Poland for donating their t-72s to Ukraine.   both Poland and morocco already use Abrams so there would be no learning curve for them like there would be for Ukraine.

4 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

What the absolute hell?  This can't be for legit military defense purposes can it?  Or is Putin getting coup antsy?

what are the odds they shoot down a russian airliner and the backlash from the missile launch sets the building on fire.  

• Oh Yeah! 1

2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

What the absolute hell?  This can't be for legit military defense purposes can it?  Or is Putin getting coup antsy?

It's neither. Ukraine has had successful attacks way further inside Russia than they ever imagined they could, and consequently Russia has accidentally shot down some of their own planes because their air defense systems are stupid, but this is all psychological. The government (Putin) needs the people to fear and hate Ukraine and continue supporting the war. They started doing stunts like this months ago, preparing bomb shelters in Moscow for Ukraine's revenge, etc. I guess in a way it could be said about fearing a coup. He won't last forever if too many people start to oppose the war.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

kind of a long watch...but lot's of weird views expressed by them.  the tucker carlson thing is just a small part of the craziness.  in 1 part they say everyone should join the side that is stronger...not who is right.   and russia is strong.   the west will lose WW3 the same way they lost WW2.   and various other s#!t takes.

3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Wtf! How come nobody sent the spray paint?

I want to see those b!^@hes in an olive drab with some white dusted over it.

if those are for ukraine i would think the ukrainians would want to paint them in their own camo patterns.