Russia

3 minutes ago, Decked said:

I am very aware the Belarus & Moldova to name a few will be absorbed. Unfortunate but not our fight. What I disagree with it that it will be on a NATO member. Not trying to be rude but as far as I am concerned it is very easy of you to say looking down from an ivory tower if do not fall within draftable age/a male and could be boots on the ground yourself. 

if there is a nuclear war between the united states and russia...there will be no time for a draft and we will all be the boots on the ground.    

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

9 minutes ago, Decked said:

I am very aware that Belarus & Moldova to name a few will be absorbed. Unfortunate but not our fight. What I disagree with it that it will be on a NATO member. Not trying to be rude but as far as I am concerned it is very easy of you to say looking down from an ivory tower if do not fall within draftable age/a male and could be boots on the ground yourself. 

As someone who is against war in general and is of legal draft age for the next decade, if Russia nukes Ukraine we have a responsibility to respond. That is an ungodly and unfathomable escalation of an already unjust war... But as Winston Churchill pointed out we will likely exhaust all possible options before choosing the right one.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Decked said:

I am very aware that Belarus & Moldova to name a few will be absorbed. Unfortunate but not our fight. What I disagree with it that it will be on a NATO member. Not trying to be rude but as far as I am concerned it is very easy of you to say looking down from an ivory tower if do not fall within draftable age/a male and could be boots on the ground yourself. 

Hitler didn't just stop with annexing countries he could kinda/sorta lay legal claim to. Poland. The low countries. Norway. France. We've literally seen this played out within a couple of generations.

And ivory doesn't protect me from radiation. If Putin launches ICBMs, I'm in the red zone.

• Plus1 2
54 minutes ago, commando said:

if there is a nuclear war between the united states and russia...there will be no time for a draft and we will all be the boots on the ground.    

I am aware. Either would be beyond words. 

42 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Hitler didn't just stop with annexing countries he could kinda/sorta lay legal claim to. Poland. The low countries. Norway. France. We've literally seen this played out within a couple of generations.

And ivory doesn't protect me from radiation. If Putin launches ICBMs, I'm in the red zone.

So you wish to march on their front door step without them attacking us or NATO first? In a nuclear age? Mutual destruction. 

1 hour ago, Decked said:

A land war is almost surely going to escalate to nuclear if Putin will be outed and more than likely..killed. if there is even a minuscule chance why would you even risk it? Not to mention you’d have 0 public support. We don’t need another Iraq, vietnam, Korea, & or Afghanistan. This is clinical levels of insanity. 

I disagree with pretty much everything you’ve said but I really don’t get your first comment here. If Putin is killed or removed it would be Russians doing it. There’s a next to 0% chance this would lead to nukes. The person who takes over will explain he was an idiot and pull out of the war. They will probably be another a$$h@!e dictator though. 

Also, there’s no chance it would lead to a draft. Russia’s army has shown how s#!t they are. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Decked said:

So you wish to march on their front door step without them attacking us or NATO first? In a nuclear age? Mutual destruction. 

Russia has threatened nukes every step of the way. If they use a tactical nuke we need to take the next step. If not they will not stop at Ukraine. They will have already shown they are insane. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Also, there’s no chance it would lead to a draft. Russia’s army has shown how s#!t they are. 

A combined NATO unit could roll this Russian army up in a matter of months. Talk about showing your a$$ to the world.

8 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I disagree with pretty much everything you’ve said but I really don’t get your first comment here. If Putin is killed or removed it would be Russians doing it. There’s a next to 0% chance this would lead to nukes. The person who takes over will explain he was an idiot and pull out of the war. They will probably be another a$$h@!e dictator though. 

You are deluded on this being some kind of ease. This would be very costly in materials, blood, & money. Not to mention unpopular to a degree probably never before seen. The next to 0% is a figure pulled out of your rear. Thank god none of you are in power. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Decked said:

who is marching to the front door?   russia invaded ukraine and we are giving them the weapons they need to protect themselves.   we are not sending boot to the ground nor are there any plans to unless russia invades a NATO member.

1 hour ago, Decked said:

You are deluded on this being some kind of ease. This would be very costly in materials, blood, & money. Not to mention unpopular to a degree probably never before seen. The next to 0% is a figure pulled out of your rear. Thank god none of you are in power. 

Why on EARTH would Russia start nuking the s#!t out of other countries because Russians staged a coup against Putin? Whoever stages the coup will NOT put out the story that someone else did it. That would make no sense at all. And what leads to this coup would be Ukraine having a highly successful counterattack and pissing off the Russians enough to take Putin out for being a complete failure and embarrassment. Did you not read/understand that part or do you think Ukraine should roll over?

• Plus1 1