Russia

14 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

What a traitor to democracy and a nut job who knows nothing about geo-political history & dynamics.  Just cannot believe this guy was president for 4 years. I must have taken  heavy doses of drugs, alcohol:wasted, weed:smokin, pain pills  to have that kind of nightmare.  

Perhaps the Jan 6 committee can find a way to tie Trump's actions then together with Trump's words today.  Of course we all knew he was a power hungry despot want-a-be who admired those with absolute power.  No surprise he sides with Russia against Democracy in Ukraine and all of his followers will high step in line behind him as we have already seen. 

His comments are venturing close to giving the enemy aid and comfort.  I think he's also saying the silent part out loud, that being he'd have no problem using force to keep the "peace" if reelected.  Of course he'd be at liberty to determine what situations needed to be kept at peace.  If his hero Putin won't respect international law and the sovereignty of other counties what makes anyone believe Trump would.  Hell, he doesn't respect US law.  

2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

His comments are venturing close to giving the enemy aid and comfort.  I think he's also saying the silent part out loud, that being he'd have no problem using force to keep the "peace" if reelected.  Of course he'd be at liberty to determine what situations needed to be kept at peace.  If his hero Putin won't respect international law and the sovereignty of other counties what makes anyone believe Trump would.  Hell, he doesn't respect US law.  

Yes and he doesn't understand US law as indicated by Jan 6. He is a moron and traitor. 

• Plus1 1

From the previously posted interview:  Trump's words in context  - it is inexcusable. 

BUCK: Mr. President, in the last 24 hours we know Russia has said that they are recognizing two breakaway regions of Ukraine, and now this White House is stating that this is an “invasion.” That’s a strong word. What went wrong here? What has the current occupant of the Oval Office done that he could have done differently?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, what went wrong was a rigged election and what went wrong is a candidate that shouldn’t be there and a man that has no concept of what he’s doing. I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, “This is genius.” Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine. Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful.

So, Putin is now saying, “It’s independent,” a large section of Ukraine. I said, “How smart is that?” And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s strongest peace force… We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re gonna keep peace all right. No, but think of it. Here’s a guy who’s very savvy… I know him very well. Very, very well.

By the way, this never would have happened with us. Had I been in office, not even thinkable. This would never have happened. But here’s a guy that says, you know, “I’m gonna declare a big portion of Ukraine independent,” he used the word “independent,” “and we’re gonna go out and we’re gonna go in and we’re gonna help keep peace.” You gotta say that’s pretty savvy. And you know what the response was from Biden? There was no response. They didn’t have one for that. No, it’s very sad. Very sad.

BUCK: Do you think the southern border is just gonna continue to deteriorate?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Yeah.

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

I wonder what was in all of those files that trump stole from the WH that should have been left behind for the National Archives? 

Was there info there could help his very good friend Putin??

Be nice. Conservative members of this board voted for this (twice!) and would again in 2024.

While anybody with firing neurons in their brain could see this in 2016, the country should focus less on Trump's obvious destruction of America's place in history and more on actual dangers like CRT, if Climate Change is a hoax by China, the trans-communofascist agenda, and if medical science should be trusted. 

In all seriousness, Trump is a stain on history and an obvious marker for America's decline in the history books. 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

In college I had a great friend. We'd often stay at his parents place when we were in town so I go to know his dad really well. His dad was a strong, but rational conservative. We had several great and fun conversations during the Bush years. At one point when I strongly disagreed with the decision to invade Iraq. His dad asked me, do I think Bush hates America. It was odd, but my answer was clearly no. A person does not assume the position of the President of the United States because they hate America. I said he was misguided and wrong on this issue, even if he did think it was in America's best interests. 

Years later we were visiting again and he strongly disagreed with Obama's policies. I returned the question to him. I said, "Years ago, you asked me if I thought Bush hated America. I said no. Do you feel Obama hates America?" He answered yes- that he thought our President hated our country. 

This was my first clear indication that the Republican party was failing and succumbing to fear mongering and demagogy of the very worst in their folds. This was a man, I respected and admired, and called and still do call a friend. A rational individual with contemplative thoughts and an active mind. If he and his fellow Republicans, believed that because the President did not walk lock step with him in ideology, it meant that the President hated this country and was seen as "an enemy," then our democracy was on shacky ground. It's only gotten worse. 

The ability to disagree with someone and still respect them as individuals and recognize their strength of character is a bedrock of our country, perhaps best exemplified by John Adams and Thomas Jefferson. We need more of that in this country, not less. This us vs them crap needs to end. 

tOO LONG DIDN'T READ LIBS CALL PEOPLE BAD NAMES BRRRRRR