Russia

6 minutes ago, Mike Mcdee said:

@admo Are you equating Biden to Hitler? Or is this a dig a Time? Genuinely asking.

Oh hell no. 

Time magazine.  They are so warped in their person of the year agenda. 

Time is also saying "Taking on Putin" to simulate that Biden is tough and will take Putin on.  I think Time sucks and is fake trash.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If this is true..

If the United States government requested the Ukrainian president to leave Kyiv, wouldn't that be confidential and secret?

So if it's true and the UK president says no, then why would this information be leaked (provided) to the Associated Press media?  Seriously, what is this US gov going to gain from a request to leave and getting turned down?  Media coverage?  US attempts to show communicative support? I think we all know why it would get leaked to the US media/associated press.

This stuff needs to be behind closed doors. 

Probably went like this

"Hey, this is the US, we think you should leave"

-"No, I'm here, I'm staying"

"Ok.  Let us know if you want to talk some more about it"

Next minute you get all this left wing media support for the White House.  They are all going to eat it up like it's some kind of braveness from the WH.  Just watch. 

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, admo said:

If this is true..

If the United States government requested the Ukrainian president to leave Kyiv, wouldn't that be confidential and secret?

So if it's true and the UK president says no, then why would this information be leaked (provided) to the Associated Press media?  Seriously, what is this US gov going to gain from a request to leave and getting turned down?  Media coverage?  US attempts to show communicative support? I think we all know why it would get leaked to the US media/associated press.

Probably went like this

Next minute you get all this left wing media support for the White House.  They are all going to eat it up like it's some kind of braveness from the WH.  Just watch. 

Uhhh this is huge for Ukraine morale. They’re trying to win a war. US first priority was to get him out, he wants to stay with his country, hopefully the US gets this man his ammo. Not everything comes down to US politics. 

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Uhhh this is huge for Ukraine morale. They’re trying to win a war. US first priority was to get him out, he wants to stay with his country, hopefully the US gets this man his ammo. Not everything comes down to US politics. 

fwiw...they won't win the initial phase of the war.  russia has too much heavy equipment, air power, and manpower.      the real war starts when and if they raise a rebel movement that styles itself after the mujahadien(sp?)   that will be the hard part for russia if zelensky gets viewed as a martyr and inspires that long term rebellion that bleeds russia for years. 

of course the sanctions might bleed russian mob money too much and putin might take a short walk out of a high window sometime soon.  

Hats off to the warriors of Ukraine & Kyiv. Survived the night. More US money coming. Cheers to the thoughts of Russian soldiers suffering to the upmost capacity humanly possible.

Also, you can now transfer money directly to the National bank of Ukraine through wire transfer. There is an English walk through they linked for their official Twitter account @Ukraine . 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, nic said:

Not sure if this is true…but cool if so. Propaganda or otherwise. Ghost of Kyiv. ACE in one day…? Next we need the Ukrainian version of Vasily Zaytsev. It’s time for a Rocky Balboa story. All the high school kids are watching and cheering on Ukraine.

https://www.newsweek.com/who-ghost-kyiv-ukraine-fighter-pilot-mig-29-russian-fighter-jets-combat-1682651

It is apparently true. Also a ground soldier with 20+ confirmed Russian kills already. Add that with the 13 guard members on snake island & the lad blowing up an important bridge (& himself) to defend Kiev..these guys are brave beyond belief.  

• Plus1 1

39 minutes ago, commando said:

fwiw...they won't win the initial phase of the war.  russia has too much heavy equipment, air power, and manpower.      the real war starts when and if they raise a rebel movement that styles itself after the mujahadien(sp?)   that will be the hard part for russia if zelensky gets viewed as a martyr and inspires that long term rebellion that bleeds russia for years. 

of course the sanctions might bleed russian mob money too much and putin might take a short walk out of a high window sometime soon.  

I agree.  And I think therre is more truth in this than anybody has ever communicated or said before. 

4 hours ago, admo said:

Oh hell no. 

Time magazine.  They are so warped in their person of the year agenda. 

Time is also saying "Taking on Putin" to simulate that Biden is tough and will take Putin on.  I think Time sucks and is fake trash.

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/ukraine-leader-calls-for-more-western-military-aid-1411055160

The decision reflects the Obama administration's long-standing concern that arming Ukraine would provoke Moscow into a further escalation that could drag Washington into a proxy war.

Maybe Biden is planning to smother Putin with a pillow.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, admo said:

If this is true..

Probably went like this

Good lord.  You don't think Zelensky doesn't want his people to know he's staying and fighting?  He posted as such on Facebook.

It's also prudent to let his people know the international community knows the danger he's in and that he had the option to leave but didn't not so that the message of this courageous act rallies his people.  If he flees then what?   If he goes dark then what?  They have a leader sacrificing and fighting right alongside of them.  

It's also prudent of the US to let the world know of his courage.  How is this a left wing media conspiracy?  

• Plus1 7
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1