Russia

3 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Wasn't there a time when a president held up nearly $400,000,000 in military aid to blackmail Zelensky into playing ball for that president's personal gain?  I recall hearing the tapes of that conversation.  

I believe Trump did this, presumably for dirt on Biden. In the end this effort was exposed and the money went through…..if I remember correctly. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

48 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Amazing people can't see the similarities in personality type.  Policy comes in a far distant second when we're talking about paranoid, malignant narcissists in charge that only want to surround themselves with yes men.  Every brutal dictator has had the same psychosis.  It never ends well.  All I can come up with is some people can't see it because "birds of a feather"

Trump admires Putin because Putin has the power and will to do evil things and grow his "empire", Trump desires that.

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

In reading this, I couldn't help to think of the comparisons between Putin and Trump and esp if Trump were to get a second term in office (God forbid that from ever happening)  The article is quoted in part below.  

See quotes in bold below as prime examples

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-world-may-be-witnessing-the-complete-unraveling-of-vladimir-putin/ar-AAUkTk4?ocid=entnewsntp

Comparison? They are the EXACT same people. Trump is Putin. Putin is Trump. Extremely concerning and scary when you realize the number of people in this country who hold Trump in such high esteem. If we don’t end up in a violent civil war (our own) it will be an absolute miracle.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Comparison? They are the EXACT same people. Trump is Putin. Putin is Trump. Extremely concerning and scary when you realize the number of people in this country who hold Trump in such high esteem. If we don’t end up in a violent civil war (our own) it will be an absolute miracle.

Exactly, as one of my best buddies commented about Trump supporters, "I see a Trump bumper sticker on your car, that tells me all I need to know about you"

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

44 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

Exactly, as one of my best buddies commented about Trump supporters, "I see a Trump bumper sticker on your car, that tells me all I need to know about you"

What’s even more sad (for me anyway) is, this whole Trump cult thing has caused me to hate our flag. Yes, Old Glory. When I now see it displayed anywhere, especially at peoples homes, that pretty much tells me all I need to know about the occupants. Yeah, I know I’m wrong in many cases but that is what radical behavior, stupidity and jingoism will do to a guy. More often than not today, the stars and stripes is flown right beside a F*** Biden or Let’s Go Brandon flag. It is revolting and disgusting. I’m not a Biden supporter (far from it) but given the choice I’m sure not joining the brainwashed idiots.

Edit- I don’t hate our flag, I hate that so many are using it the way they are.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

What’s even more sad (for me anyway) is, this whole Trump cult thing has caused me to hate our flag. Yes, Old Glory. When I now see it displayed anywhere, especially at peoples homes, that pretty much tells me all I need to know about the occupants. Yeah, I know I’m wrong in many cases but that is what radical behavior, stupidity and jingoism will do to a guy. More often than not today, the stars and stripes is flown right beside a F*** Biden or Let’s Go Brandon flag. It is revolting and disgusting. I’m not a Biden supporter (far from it) but given the choice I’m sure not joining the brainwashed idiots.

I will display my American flag a few times a year, but I'm not throwing it in the back of a F-350 along with a Don't Tread on Me flag. It sucks that displaying a flag at my house could cause a negative point of view from some people. 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I will display my American flag a few times a year, but I'm not throwing it in the back of a F-350 along with a Don't Tread on Me flag. It sucks that displaying a flag at my house could cause a negative point of view from some people. 

It says way more about the people who say they hate our flag than you for flying it your home.  Hope you continue to do so whenever you want to.  

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Putinists providing aid and comfort.  

You've invoked "aid and comfort" a bunch of times now, presumably to imply that these actions rise to the level of treason. But it's just silly as the US is not at war nor are those you're referencing aiding anyone taking up arms against the US.

We can agree these people are propagandists for Russia, but that doesn't mean it automatically jumps to the level of treason.

• Plus1 1

19 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I still fly my flag on the usual holidays. Sadly a person should be able to fly it everyday or display it anywhere they want without any negative connotations. But here we are.

I wonder if @Archy1221 will hope I continue to do so as I want also. :lol: ….I don’t care.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I still fly my flag on the usual holidays. Sadly a person should be able to fly it everyday or display it anywhere they want without any negative connotations. But here we are.

I wonder if @Archy1221 will hope I continue to do so as I want also. :lol: ….I don’t care.

If you don’t care then why would you wonder?  

Anywho, since you wondered, I hope you feel comfortable flying it proudly. 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

I've been thinking this is an advance party, but the Pentagon is saying that most of the 150,000 Russian troops that had been sent to surround the country are fighting in Ukraine now.

Even if it was only an advance party, there have been so many videos of vehicles wandering around on their own. They don't look very organized. It seems like they sent in all of their 18 year olds thinking Ukraine would give up easily, and the 18 year olds turned into cannon fodder. (Every photo or video I've seen so far of a Russian soldier, they looked like they couldn't grow facial hair yet).

I think this will go one of three ways (that really narrows things down):

1) It was only an advance force and they take Kiev and Kharkiv soon with the full army and then take all of Ukraine.
2) Putin gets pissed at his military's failure and they use a lot worse weapons and a lot of civilians are killed and then take all of Ukraine.
3) Putin gets pissed at his military's failure and pulls out of the northern area, takes the 2 southeast regions and the land between them and Crimea, and pretends that was his plan all along in order to save face.

One thing I've noticed is there are a rare few Russian supporters/bots on Twitter and I saw one showing a much more pro-Russian map of Russian forces' territory. It showed that they had taken Dnipro. Well, I have a friend in Dnipro right now. She says there has been no fighting within the city at all.

• Plus1 2