Russia

6 minutes ago, commando said:

the way i see it...putin has gone off the deep end.  he isn't stopping.    he will continue until he is put in the ground by russians.    i really do think that the sanctions will hit too hard and he will most likely be assassinated by the russian mob.  maybe i am only hoping...but the mob really doesn't like losing money.  maybe they are somehow profiting from this war....but the sanctions have to hurt.

Oh, I agree.  I’m just saying that if he all of a sudden proved us wrong, the world needs to keep the pressure on.  

Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

To state the obvious, there is something seriously wrong with Putin. Wouldn't be surprised if he has terminal cancer or something. In the pictures of him meeting with his closest advisors, they aren't even sitting within 20 feet of him. 

Allegedly he had a rough bout of Covid around October last year, and he's paranoid of getting it again. The Russian vaccine is garbage and he (apparently?) hasn't sought out Western vaccines. 

I read a series of tweets by some journalist speculating that he may have Covid-induced brain fog, hence his out-of-character behavior the past few months. But that thread was heavily criticized, too, for being unacceptably speculative. But I thought maybe she could be on to something, too.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Allegedly he had a rough bout of Covid around October last year, and he's paranoid of getting it again. The Russian vaccine is garbage and he (apparently?) hasn't sought out Western vaccines. 

I read a series of tweets by some journalist speculating that he may have Covid-induced brain fog, hence his out-of-character behavior the past few months. But that thread was heavily criticized, too, for being unacceptably speculative. But I thought maybe she could be on to something, too.

That would definitely make sense. The pictures are so bizarre. Putin half a football field away and his advisors bunched up on one end of the table looking sick to their stomachs that their country is being run into the ground. 

FMsMtDBVgAIRxiM?format=jpg&name=large

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

To state the obvious, there is something seriously wrong with Putin. Wouldn't be surprised if he has terminal cancer or something. In the pictures of him meeting with his closest advisors, they aren't even sitting within 20 feet of him. 

Something has definitely caused his accelerated craziness.   The forward question would be…does his military disobey an order if he really goes off the deep end and wants to launch a nuclear strike? 

• Plus1 2