*** 2020 Recruiting ***

Mavric

23 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

I bet we take a couple OTs in this class also.   When we have players like Corcoran,  Atteberry,  Mills,  Gentry and Raym who are all big time OTs and close by,  you can't ignore them.  I am sure some of them can play inside and perhaps will.  

If the NFL has taught us anything, it's that half of good CFB OT's are really just tall guards.

23 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

How many schollies do you guys think we will offer in-state kids? I think only 3 are deserving at this point, and I'd guess 1-2 more by the end of the year. 

Looks like 5 with ratings at this point, who are you thinking? I don't know enough about them beyond the top two WR. The Bellevue RB surprised me by being almost a .86

16 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Looks like 5 with ratings at this point, who are you thinking? I don't know enough about them beyond the top two WR. The Bellevue RB surprised me by being almost a .86

Betts and Watts for sure and I think Miko will end up getting one. He would make a good Nickel defender or WR for us given his athelticism. He reminds me a little of Domann in HS with more speed. Ducker is a possability but I don't believe he will get one, at this point. 

57 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Betts and Watts for sure and I think Miko will end up getting one. He would make a good Nickel defender or WR for us given his athelticism. He reminds me a little of Domann in HS with more speed. Ducker is a possability but I don't believe he will get one, at this point. 

Younger Gifford might be hard pressed to get one too 

27 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I'm guessing it's still Frost's philosophy to do official visits in the fall, but maybe some will make unofficials.

I agree with the reason he wants to, but he has to push up that schedule considering we will probably see close to 90% early signees next year. Nebraska can sell an atmosphere that is unrivaled amongst spring games and can be a useful substitute.

• Fire 1
8 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I'm guessing it's still Frost's philosophy to do official visits in the fall, but maybe some will make unofficials.

Absolutely. Frost has about 10 unused OV’s that expire this summer so they will use them on high priority kids that want to commit before senior year. Spring game environment at UNL is likely as good as about 20 other P5 schools true game day environment.

8 hours ago, brophog said:

I agree with the reason he wants to, but he has to push up that schedule considering we will probably see close to 90% early signees next year. Nebraska can sell an atmosphere that is unrivaled amongst spring games and can be a useful substitute.

This staff is still a few months behind in this cycle so Spring Game 2019 may not be used that much, however starting in 2020 I like your idea of going full court for the SG.  There are probably 30 programs that can sell a great game day atmosphere, however only about 5 that can say the same about the SG.