*** 2020 Recruiting ***

Mavric

1 hour ago, Billsantosa said:

Absolutely. Frost has about 10 unused OV’s that expire this summer so they will use them on high priority kids that want to commit before senior year. Spring game environment at UNL is likely as good as about 20 other P5 schools true game day environment.

I think you're underestimating the # of P5 schools with crappy game day environments.

12 hours ago, brophog said:

I agree with the reason he wants to, but he has to push up that schedule considering we will probably see close to 90% early signees next year. Nebraska can sell an atmosphere that is unrivaled amongst spring games and can be a useful substitute.

I mean, no one in the country plays a home game after the early signing day.... so there really isn't any "moving up" of the schedule if your goal was to get them here for a game in the first place. 

If we win the 9-10 games this year that we should.... this class could be pretty loaded. 

31 minutes ago, Sker4Ever said:

Love this staff, love the 2019 class.

With that said, all I hear is about how much momentum there is for the 2020 class. However, I don’t see it. If there was so much momentum and the relationships were so much better than the 18 or 19 classes wouldn’t we have more than 1 commit?

I hear ya. Will show more concern if we haven’t ramped up commitment list by May, until then it’s looking quite good. 

Need to lock down Betts, Watts, Concoran and Hutmacher and it’s all downhill from there.

9 hours ago, Billsantosa said:

I hear ya. Will show more concern if we haven’t ramped up commitment list by May, until then it’s looking quite good. 

Need to lock down Betts, Watts, Concoran and Hutmacher and it’s all downhill from there.

I’m not concerned about them being able to bring in classes like the kart two. 

But, if they are going to improve on them, this is the year to start. 

To get a lot better, they are going to have to show much improvement on the field. So, I don’t expect a big jump in top recruits to commit till the season is underway. 

We we will have some over the summer, but I don’t expect those to be much different recruits than we are used to. 

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m not concerned about them being able to bring in classes like the kart two. 

But, if they are going to improve on them, this is the year to start. 

To get a lot better, they are going to have to show much improvement on the field. So, I don’t expect a big jump in top recruits to commit till the season is underway. 

We we will have some over the summer, but I don’t expect those to be much different recruits than we are used to. 

I guess I'm just afraid of what might be if we miss on the big fish like Corcoran, Watts, Betts, Hutmacher, etc. I fear the blow we could take if someone like Watts goes to ND. Could stall some momentum from the last classes. But then again, I wouldn't trust anyone more than Scott to keep those guys close to home.

40 minutes ago, Sker4Ever said:

I guess I'm just afraid of what might be if we miss on the big fish like Corcoran, Watts, Betts, Hutmacher, etc. I fear the blow we could take if someone like Watts goes to ND. Could stall some momentum from the last classes. But then again, I wouldn't trust anyone more than Scott to keep those guys close to home.

I think we have a great shot to lock up corcoran, betts and hutmacher. Watts IDK. But honestly i would not consider watts a big fish. He is rated like .85 at the moment. Yes he is local. But if he was from anywhere other than Nebraska we would all be saying who cares he is .85.

51 minutes ago, Sker4Ever said:

If someone like Watts goes to ND...it's a loss of a player we would like to have, but not the end of the world.