*** 2020 Recruiting ***

Mavric

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Recruiting has felt a bit slow but it sounds like June will be a big month for commits. The staff seems to feel like they’re right on schedule for amount of commits they’ll have before the season starts.

Important to get a nice foundation while leaving options open. Should have some great in-season visit opportunities.

No real complaints other than it looks like we didn’t/won’t raid Colorado in recruiting like I had hoped. 

Malik Reed chooses Wisconsin, giving them 4 OLB commits and a 5th (Husker target Kaden Johnson) is also trending that way.

It's still pretty early, but that's quite an OLB haul.  I think the Huskers have missed the window for selling the play of Shaquem Griffin from UCF.  We need some guys to step up this year and give recruits an idea of what OLB's can do in this defense. 

I also know DeWitt has been doing everything he can to beat cancer, so you can't fault him for the recruiting.  I do think recruits might see it a little differently though.  Hopefully Ruud can get some studs to sign. There are plenty more LB's interested right now.

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Malik Reed chooses Wisconsin, giving them 4 OLB commits and a 5th (Husker target Kaden Johnson) is also trending that way.

It's still pretty early, but that's quite an OLB haul.  I think the Huskers have missed the window for selling the play of Shaquem Griffin from UCF.  We need some guys to step up this year and give recruits an idea of what OLB's can do in this defense. 

I also know DeWitt has been doing everything he can to beat cancer, so you can't fault him for the recruiting.  I do think recruits might see it a little differently though.  Hopefully Ruud can get some studs to sign. There are plenty more LB's interested right now.

OLB recruiting this year scares me. 

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I believe most, at least we were, projecting Reed at ILB at the next level. 

But I agree with the premise. We desperately need quality OLB's and ILB depth. 

• Plus1 1