*** 2020 Recruiting ***

Mavric

So, having a little fun on a Friday morning.  I'm not saying all of these are going to commit.  But, reading recruiting stuff, it appears we at least have a chance at the following:

Kaden Johnson

Slusher

Green-Warren

Manning 

Groce (Committing at 1:30)

If they all commit, that would put is at around the 18th rated class with 16 commits.  Mavric claims we are looking at 22-25.  

This would also give us 7 :FourStar: recruits with one being very close to be a :star:star:ThreeStar:.

:cheers

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, having a little fun on a Friday morning.  I'm not saying all of these are going to commit.  But, reading recruiting stuff, it appears we at least have a chance at the following:

Kaden Johnson

Slusher

Green-Warren

Manning 

If they all commit, that would put is at around the 18th rated class with 16 commits.  Mavric claims we are looking at 22-25.  

This would also give us 7 :FourStar: recruits with one being very close to be a :star:star:ThreeStar:.

If we just snag Groce, Delancy III, and Durham as the CBs are currently projecting we jump from 40th to 27th....

27 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Kaden Johnson

Slusher

Green-Warren

Manning 

I still think that Smothers, Gunnerson, and maybe Nash jump to 4 stars this year as well.

6 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

If this class ends as we expect Frost will have completed the best 3 year run of recruiting since TO was here. Don't believe me? Go see where we have ranked every year since 2000. We have never had a 3 year run like this since 247 started tracking in 2000.

2005-07 per Rivals our classes were #5, #20, #13. Per 247's composite they were #8, #21, #19. 

Frost's first two were #23, #18, so we would need to finish at #9 to match that. 

9 hours ago, Landlord said:

2005-07 per Rivals our classes were #5, #20, #13. Per 247's composite they were #8, #21, #19. 

Frost's first two were #23, #18, so we would need to finish at #9 to match that. 

I was checking 247. My metric was we have never had back to back top 20 classes since TO left. We are about to change that. Technically 05-07 will be better because of the top 10 class, but as far as consistency we are doing a bit better. Those classes yielded the 09 squad so I'll take it if we aren't quite there overall.

And actually just checked the average star rating. The top 10 class was .85 which we are recruiting far above right now at .8905

6 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

And actually just checked the average star rating. The top 10 class was .85 which we are recruiting far above right now at .8905

The "top 10 class" was greatly aided by taking over 30 guys.  That's not even possible anymore.

Pelini had about three classes that had more four star guys that that "top 10 class".

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

The "top 10 class" was greatly aided by taking over 30 guys.  That's not even possible anymore.

Pelini had about three classes that had more four star guys that that "top 10 class".

So its confirmed, best 3 year recruiting stretch since the glory days. Frost and Co. are killing it on the recruiting trail

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I was checking 247. My metric was we have never had back to back top 20 classes since TO left. We are about to change that. Technically 05-07 will be better because of the top 10 class, but as far as consistency we are doing a bit better. Those classes yielded the 09 squad so I'll take it if we aren't quite there overall.

What you are saying in this post is completely different than what you claimed in the post before. 

25 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

How so? And on second check I would say definitively this is the best 3 year run since TO

First you said it was the best three year run since TO. And you said if you don't believe that, look at where we have ranked. Well, by average ranking over three years, it won't be if we don't finish #8 or #9 in recruiting, which, we won't. Then you changed it to a metric of back to back classes - which I don't know what that has to do with a three year run.

2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

First you said it was the best three year run since TO. And you said if you don't believe that, look at where we have ranked. Well, by average ranking over three years, it won't be if we don't finish #8 or #9 in recruiting, which, we won't. Then you changed it to a metric of back to back classes - which I don't know what that has to do with a three year run.

That was the metric I was using all along but ok. Doesn't change the fact that I'm right but thanks for the comment