*** 2020 Recruiting ***

Mavric

Reports are the staff is still planning on 22-23 at this point.  Wants to hold a couple spots open for transfers.

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LOGAN SMOTHERS
RB - 2 - SEVION MORRISONMARVIN SCOTT
WR - 4 - ZAVIER BETTSWILLIAM NIXONThad JohnsonJUCO Omar ManningXavier HillJustin Robinson*Lavon Bunkley-Shelton
TE - 0-1 - 
OT - 2-3 - TURNER CORCORAN, ALEX CONN
OG/C - 0-1 - Chandler Durham

NT - 2 - NASH HUTMACHER, MARQUIS BLACK, Alex Harrison
DE - 1-2 - Tuli TuipulotuNusi MalaniDeShawn Lynch
ILB - 1-2 - Devyn CurtisMister WilliamsDesmond Tisdol

OLB - 2-3 - BLAISE GUNNERSON , Brennon Scott, Kaden Johnson, Regen Terry, Jared IveyLatarie Kinsler

CB - 3-4 - TAMON LYNUMRONALD DELANCYDarion Green-Warren, Myles Slusher**
S - 0-1 - HENRY GRAY

*-Current Georgia commit

**-Current Oregon commit

Early Enrollees - Smothers, Corcoran, Gray, Lynum (maybe Morrison)

11 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Didnt we have like 80% or better of our class signed last Dec?

I don't know for sure but could have been. Every year is different. I mean, you have every right to be worried about recruiting this year. The product looked a lot better down the stretch last year and we had a lot more to offer at that time as well. The shine has come off.  I hope we are able to sign what we have and find more to fill the class after that. I think the only "good news" we can look at at this point is that there are more and more kids decomitting and hitting the transfer portal between now and spring than there ever has been so hopefully we can hit on a few of those.  Just saying that the December early signing date is not the only chance we have, it just the new chance that has only been in place for a year now.

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That doesn't mean that's going to happen every year...or that if it doesn't happen, it's a disaster.  

Ok. Would you agree if we see the top 25 teams sign 80-90% of their class. Which locks up about 80-90% of the countries top talent that would be worrisome for Nebraska if we sign 50%? 

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I see tons of new LB offers. Good to see. Especially since we whiffed on most of our top targets so far. Lets close strong.

Overall I am a bit nervous about finishing this class. We only have 13 commits and signing day is in a month.

That and we have an imbalance when it comes to LBs. We only have one scholarship LB that is a sophomore. In addition, David Alston (if he is still here) and Garrett Nelson would be the only sophomore LBs next year. So I think a few JUCOs will help alleviate that.

I believe that that number is around 75% of the top 500 rated recruits signed in December that last 2 years. (someone feel free to prove me wrong as I am going off memory)

Last year in December Nebraska signed 24 (counting NPG who signed but it wasn't made public).

Additions to that were:

Mills (January)

Houston (signed in February)

Green (April)

Bland (Never signed???)

So technically we only signed 1 additional player in February.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Ok. Would you agree if we see the top 25 teams sign 80-90% of their class. Which locks up about 80-90% of the countries top talent that would be worrisome for Nebraska if we sign 50%? 

It would not be optimal.  But, I wouldn't call it a disaster until we see the process through....and possibly even a year or two down the road to see how the players pan out that we do get.

Recruiting is not something that you can wake up the day after signing day and proclaim something was a success or not.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It would not be optimal.  But, I wouldn't call it a disaster until we see the process through....and possibly even a year or two down the road to see how the players pan out that we do get.

Recruiting is not something that you can wake up the day after signing day and proclaim something was a success or not.

The 2017 class is a perfect example of this

• Plus1 1

Worth noting that it’s also a critical time for ‘21 recruiting. We may try to setup some unofficial visits to either Wisconsin or Iowa, but we will definitely be trying to set up the board for the new year and who we will be bringing out for the spring game. Incredibly important that we build momentum even if the on field product isn’t what we want it to be yet.

• Fire 1