*** 2020 Recruiting ***

Mavric

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is super interesting. Explains all the offers we saw later in the season and probably all the JUCO offers too. Also explains why this class seemed small at first. If it was 17 we'd already be close, but we have a lot of ground to make up to 26. 

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

This is super interesting. Explains all the offers we saw later in the season and probably all the JUCO offers too. Also explains why this class seemed small at first. If it was 17 we'd already be close, but we have a lot of ground to make up to 26. 

Mav's been posting that we are going to be taking 22-23 + 2-3 transfers for a while now, so I don't believe that the staff was recruiting for 17 then had a epiphany a month ago we were going to have a full class.  They've known that we were going to be mid-20s for quite a while.

We have less than 5 weeks to Dec signing day, and still need 10 guys.  We are scrambling to fill those last 10 spots imo.

• Plus1 2

Reports are the staff is still planning on 22-23 at this point.  Wants to hold a couple spots open for transfers.

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LOGAN SMOTHERS
RB - 2 - SEVION MORRISONMARVIN SCOTT
WR - 4 - ZAVIER BETTSWILLIAM NIXONThad JohnsonJUCO Omar ManningXavier HillJustin Robinson*Lavon Bunkley-Shelton
TE - 0-1 - 
OT - 2-3 - TURNER CORCORAN, ALEX CONN
OG/C - 0-1 - Chandler Durham

NT - 2 - NASH HUTMACHER, MARQUIS BLACK, Alex Harrison
DE - 1-2 - Tuli TuipulotuNusi MalaniDeShawn Lynch
ILB - 1-2 - Devyn CurtisMister WilliamsDesmond Tisdol

OLB - 2-3 - BLAISE GUNNERSON , Brennon Scott, Kaden Johnson, Regen Terry, Jared IveyLatarie Kinsler

CB - 3-4 - TAMON LYNUMRONALD DELANCYDarion Green-Warren, Myles Slusher**
S - 0-1 - HENRY GRAY

*-Current Georgia commit

**-Current Oregon commit

Early Enrollees - Smothers, Corcoran, Gray, Lynum (maybe Morrison)

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Mav's been posting that we are going to be taking 22-23 + 2-3 transfers for a while now, so I don't believe that the staff was recruiting for 17 then had a epiphany a month ago we were going to have a full class.  They've known that we were going to be mid-20s for quite a while.

We have less than 5 weeks to Dec signing day, and still need 10 guys.  We are scrambling to fill those last 10 spots imo.

I agree with everything you said right up to the last sentence.  I'm sure we'd love to have more guys already on board but I think calling it scramble mode is overstating.  From the outside it might look that way.  But it's obvious from all the visitors that are "all of the sudden" visiting this weekend that the staff is and has been doing a bunch of work all along.  Some of it just takes longer to pay off than others.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Red Five said:

Frost didn’t say when the numbers changed for them. 

For the coaches, this cycle starts before many fans start thinking about it.