*** 2020 Recruiting ***

Mavric

Reports are the staff is still planning on 22-23 at this point.  Wants to hold a couple spots open for transfers.

Word is we are still trying to figure out if we want another OL or not.  With Piper and Banks moving to offense, we aren't in bad shape with young guys.  Considering a JUCO or a HS kid but also might pass on taking another in favor of another WR or OLB, which we have been hitting pretty hard with JUCO offers lately.

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LOGAN SMOTHERS
RB - 2 - SEVION MORRISONMARVIN SCOTT
WR - 4 - ZAVIER BETTSWILLIAM NIXONThad JohnsonJUCO Omar ManningXavier HillJustin Robinson*Lavon Bunkley-SheltonMarcus Fleming
TE - 0-1 - 
OT - 2-3 - TURNER CORCORANALEX CONN
OG/C - 0-1 - Chandler Durham

NT - 2 - NASH HUTMACHERAlex Harrison
DE - 1-2 - MARQUIS BLACKJUCO JUNIOR AHOTuli TuipulotuNusi MalaniDeShawn LynchJUCO Julius Coates##
ILB - 1-2 - JUCO JAMOI HODGEDevyn CurtisMister WilliamsDesmond Tisdol

OLB - 2-3 - BLAISE GUNNERSON, Brennon ScottKaden JohnsonRegen TerryJared IveyLatarie KinslerJosh Griffis#

CB - 3-4 - TAMON LYNUMRONALD DELANCYDarion Green-WarrenMyles Slusher**Kendall Dennis
S - 0-1 - HENRY GRAYJaiden Francois

*-Current Georgia commit

**-Current Oregon commit

#-Current Florida State commit

##-Current Colorado commit

Early Enrollees - Smothers, Corcoran, Gray, Gunnerson, Hodge, Lynum (maybe Morrison)

Edited by Mavric
Updated

8 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

That feels like an interesting offer at this time.

The WR room still needs a lot of work so I'm sure that's what the coaches are working on. JD, Wandale, and Warner return as strong contributors but behind them needs strengthening. Hopefully Houston, Chase, Nance, and Hickman develop well. Then with Betts and others coming in (hopefully Manning), that room is gonna look really studly in the near future. Would be nice if Hunt and Legrone can get their situation figured out as well, but I won't get my hopes up there

• Plus1 1
23 hours ago, Mavric said:

I've seen Clouse hint a couple times in the last few weeks that we have at least one silent commit.  But ... you know ... Clouse.

But now Bruntz also saying that we have at least one and maybe more.  So the coaches still have work to do in the next two weeks but not as much work as it looks like to us.

A slightly different semantic from Clouse:

Someone asked him about having three silent commits.  He said he didn't think that was accurate but did say he would believe there are three guys who've said they are going to commit to Nebraska.  

The way it was phrased left it open for at least one that is, in fact, a silent commit but also at least one that is in the latter boat.

Take that FWIW.

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

A slightly different semantic from Clouse:

Someone asked him about having three silent commits.  He said he didn't think that was accurate but did say he would believe there are three guys who've said they are going to commit to Nebraska.  

Take that FWIW.

I love being pedantic as much as the next guy, but is there really a difference between committed but not announcing it (silent commit) versus not committed but verbally committed to committing?

• Plus1 1

54 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I love being pedantic as much as the next guy, but is there really a difference between committed but not announcing it (silent commit) versus not committed but verbally committed to committing?

Not really.  Thus my semantic comment.

But I think the distinction he's making is basically they're not technically a silent commit but basically saying "I'm 95% certain I'm going to commit to Nebraska but I'm just doing a little more looking to make sure."  

At least that's the way I read it.

14 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Not really.  Thus my semantic comment.

But I think the distinction he's making is basically they're not technically a silent commit but basically saying "I'm 95% certain I'm going to commit to Nebraska but I'm just doing a little more looking to make sure."  

At least that's the way I read it.

Maybe this has to do with what Frost and co have mentioned about not wanting a kid to commit until they're fully committed sort of thing. These kids still have visits planned or whatever so the staff is telling them to wait to commit until they're 100% or something.

Callahan hinting that the OL might be getting some help.  That - along with six in the previous class - might be why we're going to stick with two in this class.

He said he can't elaborate right now but he feels pretty good that it will happen.  My read is that it might be a transfer.  Could be an unknown recruit but that's not how I read what he wrote.

Edit: He confirmed it is a potential transfer

• Plus1 2
24 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Callahan hinting that the OL might be getting some help.  That - along with six in the previous class - might be why we're going to stick with two in this class.

He said he can't elaborate right now but he feels pretty good that it will happen.  My read is that it might be a transfer.  Could be an unknown recruit but that's not how I read what he wrote.

Could that have in relation to Gaylord's potential 6th year?

4 minutes ago, WVhuskerXX said:

Could that have in relation to Gaylord's potential 6th year?

No idea but could be:

https://247sports.com/Player/Ryan-Johnson-33274/

29 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Edit: He confirmed it is a potential transfer

Wasn't Manning known to be a Husker depending on grades?