*** 2020 Recruiting ***

Mavric

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, again just trying to organize my thoughts on this.  From this well organized information, we are still looking for 8-9 more commits.

WR 2

NT 1

ILB 1-2

OLB 1-2

CB 1-2

This is where my numbers don't add up. 

WR 3

JUCO NT 1

JUCO DE 1

ILB 1-2

OLB 2-3

HS DB - 1

HS DE - 1

9 hours ago, Vince R. said:

I just think it's really interesting that all these kids visited and none committed right after or during. I think Nebraska is scrambling a bit and may have brought guys in that they aren't sure of after seeing them in person. 

I wonder if some of the fear here is based on previous staff recruiting where they would come in and commit right away and then decommit later in the process. If there is one trend I do see going well with Frosts recruiting is that he does not push for lip service commits. Seems like prior staffs would have 50% commit rate followed by a 50% decommit rate where as Frosts trends towards 25% commit rate followed by a 5% decommit rate. Neither approach is perfect but at least once the commit comes it sticks for the most part these days and we have had a bit better luck on hat day/signing day as well with this approach. I don't know, I'm just digging for sunshine wherever I can.  

9 hours ago, Vince R. said:

I just think it's really interesting that all these kids visited and none committed right after or during. I think Nebraska is scrambling a bit and may have brought guys in that they aren't sure of after seeing them in person. 

Or the other way around. Kids don't want to pull the trigger after 4-8, 5-7 maybe?

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I just wish we would start popping some commits. It seems like we are at the final table and maybe leading for quite a few kids. Is anyone aware of any of these kids committing any day or are most waiting for signing day since we are so close?

Signing day

1 hour ago, ActualCornHusker said:

It has been pretty somber in the recruiting forum this week, in stark contrast to the buzz that seemed to fill it last week. Let's hope last week's feeling plays out and not this week's...

People get pretty concerned because they can only see a small piece of what's going on.

I feel pretty confident that they'll be a string of good news starting soon.

• Plus1 7

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

People get pretty concerned because they can only see a small piece of what's going on.

I feel pretty confident that they'll be a string of good news starting soon.

For sure. Fans tend to ride on emotion way too much for me. If the staff hits on even half the guys they're still pursuing, it's going to be a pretty good class.

Coates

Manning

Fleming

J. Robinson

Payne

Butler

Johnson

Green-Warren

Hyppolite

Cooper

Mauga

Dennis

Greene

Ivey

Levelston

I'm still optimistic

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

For sure. Fans tend to ride on emotion way too much for me. If the staff hits on even half the guys they're still pursuing, it's going to be a pretty good class.

Coates

Manning

Fleming

J. Robinson

Payne

Butler

Johnson

Green-Warren

Hyppolite

Cooper

Mauga

Dennis

Greene

Ivey

Levelston

I'm still optimistic

Time to bring in the closer. 

Image result for bag man gif"

• Plus1 2
40 minutes ago, Mavric said:

In about a 48 hour span, Frost will go from Kansas (Corcoran & Conn) to Lincoln (Brown) to Oklahoma (Morrison & Slusher) to Lincoln (walk-on recruiting event) to Miami (Gray & Delancy and probably Fleming & Francios)

#HatesRecruiting

I know Green-Warren was expecting us tomorrow as well. Think the Michigan momentum keeps us from making the trip? Or we doing that on Friday?

• Plus1 1