*** 2020 Recruiting ***

Mavric

21 minutes ago, Snowbird said:

From everything I’m hearing we are taking 5 more. 6 if Slusher decides to come on. 
looking like 

1. butler 

2. Payne 

3: Johnson 

4.francios 

5. Fleming 

6. Slusher If he wants. 

I'd be cool with this. I'd still chase some big fish in January and if you snag one-two so be it. 

54 minutes ago, Snowbird said:

From everything I’m hearing we are taking 5 more. 6 if Slusher decides to come on. 
looking like 

1. butler 

2. Payne 

3: Johnson 

4.francios 

5. Fleming 

6. Slusher If he wants. 

All 6 would put us at 16 with current commits. So probably drop to around 18-20 after everyone picks up a few more.

• Plus1 1

I am thinking they want 23 so 5.  This is my guess...

1)  They need another DB.  My guess is Gifford.

2)  They need another WR.   My hope is Alante Brown.

3)  They need a field OLB.    The hope is Johnson.

4)  Best available athlete.    Would like to see a NG?  Can't think of the name so will fill that out in a minute. 

5)  Best available athlete?   Butler?

3 minutes ago, flatwaterfan said:

I am thinking they want 23 so 5.  This is my guess...

1)  They need another DB.  My guess is Gifford.

2)  They need another WR.   My hope is Alante Brown.

3)  They need a field OLB.    The hope is Johnson.

4)  Best available athlete.    Would like to see a NG?  Can't think of the name so will fill that out in a minute. 

5)  Best available athlete?   Butler?

Your not interested in fleming or francois. 2 talented Florida 4 stars? Both trending N.

• Plus1 1

Oh I think they would be great.  Would love it if they signed.   Just guessing they don't.   Have no knowledge just gut.  It's all a crap shoot at this point.   

My original post is kind of crap as I made an error in timing & accounting with Gifford.   Didn't realize that my hope at NG went elsewhere and I don't think they are in on any other behemoths.   I probably should not have posted but I'm like a little kid shaking presents.

On a side note...The rush/boundary OLB position is confusing to me.   We must be losing some people but who?   There is Jefferson,Alston,Graham and Nelson that I see as rush OLB's.   They have verbals from Aho,Cooper and Gunnerson.   That's 7!  But they are also interested in Butler!   So how do they make these numbers work.

Tannor and Domman are cover OLB's or field OLB's if you prefer and I think so is Kaden Johnson.  We need at least 3 of those so that's why I am hoping for Johnson. 

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

This is my guess for what we're still after with who we're looking at for those spots:

WR - 1 - Marcus FlemingAlante Brown
NT - 1 - JUCO Jordon Riley
DE - 1 - Tuli TuipulotuNusi MalaniJUCO Julius Coates
OLB - 1 - Kaden JohnsonJimari Butler

CB - 1 - Darion Green-WarrenMyles Slusher*Kendall Dennis
S - 0-1 - Jaiden Francois

What about the DE Payne? Think we're on the outside looking in?

And if Jimari and Johnson are both N we better take them both! 

15 minutes ago, Mavric said:

This is my guess for what we're still after with who we're looking at for those spots:

WR - 1 - Marcus FlemingAlante Brown
NT - 1 - JUCO Jordon Riley
DE - 1 - Tuli TuipulotuNusi MalaniJUCO Julius Coates
OLB - 1 - Kaden JohnsonJimari Butler

CB - 1 - Darion Green-WarrenMyles Slusher*Kendall Dennis
S - 0-1 - Jaiden Francois

The bolded are the ones there's the most smoke around...right?  I know the Green commitment proves that doesn't mean we aren't still working hard on others.  It just seems like these are the most likely to commit.  Do you really think we are still interested in Coats?

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The bolded are the ones there's the most smoke around...right?  I know the Green commitment proves that doesn't mean we aren't still working hard on others.  It just seems like these are the most likely to commit.  Do you really think we are still interested in Coats?

I would say those and Coates.

Might as well cross anyone at DB off outside of Slusher & Francois. 

Riley is no longer a take per 247

Take Payne at DE. Everyone else seems kinda meh (Tuioti needs to step it up next year). Coates as a backup. 

Battle between Francois/Slusher, Payne or another DE, take Butler & Johnson, and potentially Flemming and Brown. 

Nab Gifford with a blue shirt offer and cut some dead weight to grab a grad transfer NT for sure. If you can find upgrades at WR, OL, DE, LB than go all for it. Found it interesting we at least considered bringing in a grad transfer RB.