*** 2020 Recruiting ***

Mavric

5 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Mav, you can check my numbers but we are at 87.   This does not count Betts, Slusher or Gifford.   This means by fall practice, 5 players either need to transfer, graduate, not qualify or quit.  I have no idea who that will be!

Gifford counts towards 2021. So, we'd be at 4 players need to leave I believe.

4 minutes ago, Timotheus said:

We are completely out--recruiting the other teams in the Big 10 West right now. Per 247, Wisconsin is 26th, Purdue is 28th, Iowa is 29th, Minnesota is 31st, Northwestern is 37th, Indiana is 49th, and Illinois is 63rd.

We have out-recruited EVERY B1G West school EVERY YEAR since 2014 (Wisconsin 32nd, Nebraska 35th), yet we have finished T2, 4th, T2, 5th, 5th, T5.  :bang

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, QMany said:

We have out-recruited EVERY B1G West school EVERY YEAR since 2014 (Wisconsin 32nd, Nebraska 35th), yet we have finished T2, 4th, T2, 5th, 5th, T5.  :bang

Wisconsin and Minnesota have been pretty equal (if not better) to recruiting in the trenches and have developed much better in those positions.  The Riley years stunted the growth and development of both lines and are the main reason why NU has lagged in recent years.  Throw in the fact that there aren't many players left from the '17 and '18 classes, it may be another year or two before NU is competing with the top teams in the West.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Wisconsin and Minnesota have been pretty equal (if not better) to recruiting in the trenches and have developed much better in those positions.  The Riley years stunted the growth and development of both lines and are the main reason why NU has lagged in recent years.  Throw in the fact that there aren't many players left from the '17 and '18 classes, it may be another year or two before NU is competing with the top teams in the West.

Don't forget that THIS class can't solve all the problems....in time they can but not gonna come in with all freshmen and win in the B10. Takes 4 classes to get the ball really rolling 

Just aimlessly perusing 247 and saw Turner Corcoran is our 5th highest rated recruit all-time (I think 247 dates back to 1999). His .9800 is just ahead of... Ndamukong Suh's .9797. :koolaid2:

Wandale Robinson 16th

Zavier Betts 18th

Adrian Martinez 23rd

Nick Henrich 28th

Noa Pola-Gates 29th

• Plus1 1