*** 2020 Recruiting ***

Mavric

30 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Crazy how off our numbers were once Frost took over in regards to upper classmen and position schollies. 

20' Seniors

QB: 0

RB: 1 (who was a juco)

WR: 1 

TE: 1 

DL: 1

CB: 1

Maybe. How much of that is Frost turning over the roster?

22 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Crazy how off our numbers were once Frost took over in regards to upper classmen and position schollies. 

20' Seniors

QB: 0

RB: 1 (who was a juco)

WR: 1 

TE: 1 

DL: 1

CB: 1

2020 Juniors and Seniors who were not recruited by Frost

QB - none

RB - Bradley

WR - Spielman, McQuitty

TE - Stoll, Allen, Rafdal

OL - Jaimes, Raridon, Wilson, MFarniok, Gaylord, Bando, Hixon, Sichterman

DT - Daniels

DE - Stille, Walker, Thomas

ILB - Miller

OLB - Domann, Jefferson

CB - Bootle, Butler

S - Williams, Dismuke

K - Pickering

In year 3, Frost has 14 offensive upperclassmen and 12 defensive upperclassmen left over from the previous coaching staff.  By my count, it's pretty possible that six of those offensive players and three of those defensive players will be non-contributers.  

22 minutes ago, Mavric said:

2020 Juniors and Seniors who were not recruited by Frost

QB - none

RB - Bradley

WR - Spielman, McQuitty

TE - Stoll, Allen, Rafdal

OL - Jaimes, Raridon, Wilson, MFarniok, Gaylord, Bando, Hixon, Sichterman

DT - Daniels

DE - Stille, Walker, Thomas

ILB - Miller

OLB - Domann, Jefferson

CB - Bootle, Butler

S - Williams, Dismuke

K - Pickering

In year 3, Frost has 14 offensive upperclassmen and 12 defensive upperclassmen left over from the previous coaching staff.  By my count, it's pretty possible that six of those offensive players and three of those defensive players will be non-contributers.  

Even though we should have made a bowl game, unless people look at these type of things don't understand that he took over a complete turd. 

• Plus1 3
19 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Even though we should have made a bowl game, unless people look at these type of things don't understand that he took over a complete turd. 

I don’t think people Realized just how close to the drain we were spiraling.  This is a huge undertaking and will take lots of time. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Huskinator said:

I don’t think people Realized just how close to the drain we were spiraling.  This is a huge undertaking and will take lots of time. 

When Riley was fired alot of players went with him.  But Shawn Eichorst along with his boss Pearlman really drove this into the ground.  It almost seems that it would have to be intentional.  Riley had no ties to Nebraska, a style of football that we had already tried, and brought down the toughness that Pelini had built back into the culture.  Eichorst called it a culture hire.  But Pelini's guys rarely got in much trouble, they worked hard, they typically outperformed their talent.  Riley seemed out of place from day one.  He knew very little about Nebraska.  They didnt develop anyone very good, they didnt work hard, and by 3 seasons of that we had a bunch of out of shape guys who quit on Riley and didnt care much.  So yea, Eichorst wasnt kidding when he called it a culture hire.  Riley may be a good fit for certain places, but not for a college team in the midwest.  Imagine what would happen to Wisconsin if Mike Riley took over for 3 years.  Worst AD ever.

55 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

When Riley was fired alot of players went with him.  But Shawn Eichorst along with his boss Pearlman really drove this into the ground.  It almost seems that it would have to be intentional.  Riley had no ties to Nebraska, a style of football that we had already tried, and brought down the toughness that Pelini had built back into the culture.  Eichorst called it a culture hire.  But Pelini's guys rarely got in much trouble, they worked hard, they typically outperformed their talent.  Riley seemed out of place from day one.  He knew very little about Nebraska.  They didnt develop anyone very good, they didnt work hard, and by 3 seasons of that we had a bunch of out of shape guys who quit on Riley and didnt care much.  So yea, Eichorst wasnt kidding when he called it a culture hire.  Riley may be a good fit for certain places, but not for a college team in the midwest.  Imagine what would happen to Wisconsin if Mike Riley took over for 3 years.  Worst AD ever.

I don’t see it as intentional. 

I just think the people making decisions didn’t have winning championships as a priority. 

I knew we didnt have a ton of talent left from Riley, but i didnt realize how bad it was until some guys like Mavric and Big Ern and maybe one more showed the guys that are still here from Riley.  The chart showing the 4 star guys on our team is under emphasized.  (Cant remember if that was here or on Huskermax.com).  But by the time attrition set in, basically Frost was left with some good lineman (that dont necessarily fit his offense), and TEs.  Not much else.  We have less quality upperclassmen than most in our division, so despite our recruiting class rankings from the past 5 years, only our past 2 classes have much talent.  I really think we are still a year away unfortunately.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don’t see it as intentional. 

I just think the people making decisions didn’t have winning championships as a priority. 

I think Pearlman didnt care for Sports, and Eichorst, being his dog of the female gender, just did what ge was told.  Pearlman did alot for the university, but really neglected sports.  

Not sure if I’ve seen it anywhere but it might be very informative if someone with the information readily at hand could actually break down and compare the class rankings and player ratings by school across the Big ten by position groups.  
I think sometimes too much focus is paid to overall class rankings without regard to position groupings.  
For example- I suspect NU recruiting classes over past decade have been heavy on highly ranked skill players (backs, WRs, TEs, athletes, Secondary, kickers) and lower level linemen / LBs/DEs.

therefore the overall ranking says we’re recruiting better but we in fact are NOT fielding better teams because our big guys are not good enough to win vs teams like big ten teams who win in the trenches.  
Just curious what anyone has found looking closer at the class comparisons across power 5 opponents.   ??? 

• Plus1 1

We got 3 four-star players on our team that Frost didnt recruit.  Raridon, Dismuke, and Farniak.  Unless Riley recruited McQuitty and Tanner (i cant remember).

Put it this way.  We have 25 4* players including this incoming class.  Only SEVEN were Sophmore or Junior last year making them Jr or Sr this coming year.

4* players on our team

Incoming Freshman :                   9 (10 inc. Omar)

Will be Soph. or Redshirt Fresh: 8

Will be Juniors:                             4 (inc Omar)

Will be Seniors:                             4

We have very little talent in our upperclassmen.  We may have more 4* on our roster than the rest of the BIG West , but probably not in our upperclassmen.  Frost had a point when he said we need more guys.  He was left very little from Riley.  We also lost some 3* guys to attrition.  Our upcoming Jr and Sr classes are probably on level with Purdue and Illinois.  Thats partly why we sucked, and will have a tough time being good next year.

• Plus1 4

Found this interesting... All American Bowl predictions for remaining unsigned players... anyone know if this is a scholarship kid?

Reis Vernon, P/K, No. 3493 overall, Prediction: Nebraska

Nebraska has a lot of things to figure out this offseason, but it sure would be nice if the Cornhuskers could get one reliable kicker in 2020. Six players attempted at least one field goal this season, and it wasn't until late November that the Huskers figured out Matt Waldoch might be their guy. Getting a player like Vernon who can kick or punt—Nebraska's lone 2019 punter, Isaac Armstrong, is out of eligibility—could be a big pickup.

• Plus1 2