*** 2020 Recruiting ***

Mavric

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow...on 247, they have Alabama and Georgia as warm.  Is this similar to other recruits that have been able to come to Nebraska and not an SEC team due to some class they took in JUCO? @Warrior10 ?

I don't know if that is the specific reason, but I bet so.

He flipped from Bama to UGA on signing day but didn't qualify. Nobody thought he'd be eligible in 2020-2021 but that changed in the last week. Supposedly Fisher has done work. 

3-3 guy.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I don't know if that is the specific reason, but I bet so.

He flipped from Bama to UGA on signing day but didn't qualify. Nobody thought he'd be eligible in 2020-2021 but that changed in the last week. Supposedly Fisher has done work. 

3-3 guy.

Be a nice late pick up after losing Henry Gray. 

• Plus1 1

Someone like EMC really needed spring ball for me to predict a major impact in year 1. It’s just such a leap going to this level of football that a player like that needs all the camp and practice possible. That’s not to say he won’t make an impact but I think year 2 is when we will be really excited about him.

Someone like Joseph makes an immediate impact. At the very least, he pushes the starters to compete hard because he could take a starter spot. Fisher the best.

1 hour ago, Caliborn72 said:

Someone like EMC really needed spring ball for me to predict a major impact in year 1. It’s just such a leap going to this level of football that a player like that needs all the camp and practice possible. That’s not to say he won’t make an impact but I think year 2 is when we will be really excited about him.

Someone like Joseph makes an immediate impact. At the very least, he pushes the starters to compete hard because he could take a starter spot. Fisher the best.

Agree with a lot of this. I think it would be tough for him to crack the starting lineup this year but could work himself into some playing time on D and being a major special teams contributor year 1 and then potential starter the next 2 years.

• Plus1 1