*** 2020 Recruiting ***

Mavric

Seen some worry about the LB recruiting. I know we have a few other younger LBs but they seem less promising than the few listed. I think Gunnerson and Choe become even bigger targets than we once thought and we have a good chance at both. 

Below is for the 2020 season showing that we need to build some depth. 

OLB 4 Tannor, Caleb JR Nelson, Garret FR/SO              
ILB 3

Honas, Will SR

Henrich, Nick FR/SO              
ILB 31 Miller, Colin SR Hannah, Jackson FR/SO              
OLB 13 Domann, JoJo SR Graham, Jamin FR/SO  
  • Plus1 1
19 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Seen some worry about the LB recruiting. I know we have a few other younger LBs but they seem less promising than the few listed. I think Gunnerson and Choe become even bigger targets than we once thought and we have a good chance at both. 

Below is for the 2020 season showing that we need to build some depth. 

OLB 4 Tannor, Caleb JR Nelson, Garret FR/SO              
ILB 3

Honas, Will SR

Henrich, Nick FR/SO              
ILB 31 Miller, Colin SR Hannah, Jackson FR/SO              
OLB 13 Domann, JoJo SR Graham, Jamin FR/SO  

Seems like a JUCO might be an option to bridge the gap here as well.

If we land Xavier Watts and Blaise Gunnerson (both of whom seem red atm and may even commit soon), what does everyone’s big board of remaining recruits look like?

I ask because we’ve gotten a lot of our top prospects then. I don’t know who to be keeping an eye on!

56 minutes ago, C-4 said:

If we land Xavier Watts and Blaise Gunnerson (both of whom seem red atm and may even commit soon), what does everyone’s big board of remaining recruits look like?

I ask because we’ve gotten a lot of our top prospects then. I don’t know who to be keeping an eye on!

Maybe JUCO WR Omar Manning

Some others that could happen but likely go into the season:

LB Choe Bryant-Strother

WR Ajou Ajou

RB Sevion Morrison

DT Jamar Sekona

We've had others in on visits, but haven't heard a lot about them since

• Fire 1
10 minutes ago, C-4 said:

I was listening to a Husker podcast and they briefly spoke about John Bivens and how he’s greyshirting.

i don’t remember this. Is this true?

They HOL guys have been saying for awhile that they think he'll be on campus next month.  They didn't say for sure what his status with the team would be but if he was greyshirting I wouldn't think he'd be here until January.  It's possible he could be a part-time student for the first semester then start full time in January but he couldn't be with the team in that case.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Mavric said:

They HOL guys have been saying for awhile that they think he'll be on campus next month.  They didn't say for sure what his status with the team would be but if he was greyshirting I wouldn't think he'd be here until January.  It's possible he could be a part-time student for the first semester then start full time in January but he couldn't be with the team in that case.

I didn't realize he could enroll part time and not start his eligibility clock. What a great way to not officially have him be apart of the team, but still get him on campus to workout and such.

27 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Who is this kid?  Is he a 2020 recruit?  I can't find the name DeShawn Hanika anywhere.

From what I can find is he is a TE/WR from Butler CC. I believe he redshirted his freshman year there. He claims he is a three star on his twitter but I don't see any of the services rating him.  I found a 247 profile on him but it is for basketball in 2018. He came to FNL in June- might have been an unofficial visit or he might have just camped. Outside of that, I don't see anything other than his Hudl which is on his Twitter page. Would assume he is a 2020 recruit with three years to play if he indeed redshirted his first year. 

Edit: It says full qualifier on his twitter so maybe he is eligible now? He might as well show his skills at JuCo first if he wants a p5 offer.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

From what I can find is he is a TE/WR from Butler CC. I believe he redshirted his freshman year there. He claims he is a three star on his twitter but I don't see any of the services rating him.  I found a 247 profile on him but it is for basketball in 2018. He came to FNL in June- might have been an unofficial visit or he might have just camped. Outside of that, I don't see anything other than his Hudl which is on his Twitter page. Would assume he is a 2020 recruit with three years to play if he indeed redshirted his first year. 

Edit: It says full qualifier on his twitter so maybe he is eligible now? He might as well show his skills at JuCo first if he wants a p5 offer.

Well, Ryan Held retweeted it so he at least has his attention.