*** 2020 Recruiting ***

Mavric

• 2 weeks later...

10 minutes ago, Decked said:

Things can change but as of know I believe this will be a Pelini type class. I feel horrible saying that but sheesh they aren’t doing very well at the moment. Quality is fine. Just not enough. Need a good year. 

Well, Pelini had two classes with the most four-star commits we've had in the past 18 years so that would be handy.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, Decked said:

Things can change but as of know I believe this will be a Pelini type class. I feel horrible saying that but sheesh they aren’t doing very well at the moment. Quality is fine. Just not enough. Need a good year. 

We really need the season to start and show the world we have a well coached team that can win games.

I'm not one that gets all excited about certain recruits but, usually there will be a few that at least peak my interest enough that I pay attention to more.  Right now there just doesn't seem to be those 5-6 recruits we are hard after that are garnering a huge amount of attention from other major programs.

Hopefully once the season starts, the interest from those types of players will gain momentum.

11 hours ago, Decked said:

I'm still waiting to judge. They pulled in a lot of quality talent after the season started last year and that could be amplified this year with a good season. Frost has been on the record saying they don't want kids to commit just to commit so I think our classes will always feel behind until after the season starts. 

On 7/30/2019 at 9:53 AM, BigRedBuster said:

We really need the season to start and show the world we have a well coached team that can win games.

I'm not one that gets all excited about certain recruits but, usually there will be a few that at least peak my interest enough that I pay attention to more.  Right now there just doesn't seem to be those 5-6 recruits we are hard after that are garnering a huge amount of attention from other major programs.

Hopefully once the season starts, the interest from those types of players will gain momentum.

This doesnt really surprise me. Coach Frost and staff were pretty upfront when they said they dont care about stars or recruiting service ratings. They are going for players they feel fit their scheme, have high character, and will be good teammates. I am adopting the philosophy of sit back and enjoy the ride

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Gorillahawk said:

This doesnt really surprise me. Coach Frost and staff were pretty upfront when they said they dont care about stars or recruiting service ratings. They are going for players they feel fit their scheme, have high character, and will be good teammates. I am adopting the philosophy of sit back and enjoy the ride

That's pretty much what every coach says about recruiting.  

• Plus1 1

Reports are the staff is still planning on 22-25 at this point.  

The Staff is definitely working on OLB and WR.  Other than that, CB would be my top priority.

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LOGAN SMOTHERS
RB - 2 - SEVION MORRISONMARVIN SCOTT
WR - 3-4 - ZAVIER BETTSWILLIAM NIXONLawaun Powell, Logan Loya, Johnquai Lewis, Rico PowersThad JohnsonBrenden RiceJUCO Omar ManningXavier HillDonavon Johnson
TE - 1 - 
OT - 2-3 - TURNER CORCORAN, ALEX CONN
OG/C - 1-2 - Paula Vaipulu, Chandler Durham

NT - 2 - NASH HUTMACHER, Marquis Black
DE - 2 - Tuli Tuipulotu
ILB - 1-2 - Choe Bryant-StrotherDevyn CurtisMister WilliamsDerrick LewisCaleb McCulloughDesmond Tisdol

OLB - 2-3 - BLAISE GUNNERSON , Brennon Scott, Kaden Johnson, Regen Terry, Morven Joseph

CB - 2-3 - TAMON LYNUMChristopher TownselDarion Green-Warren, Kendall Dennis, Kendrick Simpkins
S - 1-2 - Xavion Alford

ATH - Jalen SuggsRishard DensmoreJaquan Randolph

Edited by Mavric
Updated
  • Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Red Five said:

That's pretty much what every coach says about recruiting.  

True, but I don't think this is coach speak. Frost isn't expanding the roster back to 150 just for the optics of it. The staff and our success will be player development and finding the type of players for Nebraska and our system.

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, Gorillahawk said:

Meh....

That explains some of it.  A coach like Frost that has "a specific athlete type in mind and he's going to go find it" will account for a few in the class.  But, if Frost had his way, he would be going after and pulling in the studs that the other top programs in the county are.  You saw him offer some of those in this cycle, but they went elsewhere.....and, yes, we got a few too.

I have the feeling, if Frost is successful here, your comment won't look appropriate to the classes he gets.

• 3 weeks later...