*** 2020 Recruiting ***

Mavric

2 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

It will be interesting to see where coaches go during the bye week. We will probably see a random offer or two and/or a random visit to a recruit we haven’t heard much to this point.

I can only hope so. If we're still aiming for 22-23, it means we need to be hitting our LB and WR group hard. One of our LB targets just committed elsewhere, so I expect we'll be going to wherever plan B is. 

Very curious how we're going to handle LB recruiting. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Huskerzoo said:

I can only hope so. If we're still aiming for 22-23, it means we need to be hitting our LB and WR group hard. One of our LB targets just committed elsewhere, so I expect we'll be going to wherever plan B is. 

Very curious how we're going to handle LB recruiting. 

I think we have room for at least 25 at the minimum 

33 minutes ago, Snowbird said:

How many can we count back though for early enrolled kids? 

14 minutes ago, WVhuskerXX said:

3 is the max that the BIG allows.

Three is the max that you can over-sign - but even that is a soft number.  You apparently have to turn in to the conference what your "expected" number would be and then you can over-sign three from that number.  I don't think there is a limit on how many you can count back.

But I'm not sure that applies anyway.  The over-signing is relative to the total number of 85.  The 25 limit is how many new scholarship players you can add in one year.

We have 25 true freshmen this year.  Plus we added Mills, Vokolek, Green, Noa and Daniels.  So I guess that would say we counted back five early-enrollees and then maxed out at 25.  Last year's early enrollees (I believe) were McCaffrey, WRobinson, Nance, Hickman, Banks, Henrich and Nelson.

But I've still seen the HOL guys mention several times that the plan is to take 22-23 and have a couple spots for transfers.  So I'm not sure how it all plays out.

44 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Three is the max that you can over-sign - but even that is a soft number.  You apparently have to turn in to the conference what your "expected" number would be and then you can over-sign three from that number.  I don't think there is a limit on how many you can count back.

But I'm not sure that applies anyway.  The over-signing is relative to the total number of 85.  The 25 limit is how many new scholarship players you can add in one year.

We have 25 true freshmen this year.  Plus we added Mills, Vokolek, Green, Noa and Daniels.  So I guess that would say we counted back five early-enrollees and then maxed out at 25.  Last year's early enrollees (I believe) were McCaffrey, WRobinson, Nance, Hickman, Banks, Henrich and Nelson.

But I've still seen the HOL guys mention several times that the plan is to take 22-23 and have a couple spots for transfers.  So I'm not sure how it all plays out.

22-23 was the plan. Before everyone realized we suck. So hopefully they take more.