*** 2020 Recruiting ***

Mavric

3 hours ago, Decked said:

That’s if they don’t throw Bootle back at safety and partner him with D. Will 

The way they talked post-season I really don't think they prefer to. However, we have (with Joseph) an embarrassment of riches at CB and a hole, imo relatively speaking, at S beside DWill. 

I don't really know where they like Bootle better.   But our safety depth really took a hit last year when Deontai Williams went down.  I would think Williams and Dismuke would have the safety spots taken care of pretty well.  If they stay healthy and get any help behind them for depth, we should be in good shape.

Of course, with CTB and Joseph plus Clark and anyone else, we should be in pretty good shape at corner as well.  So Bootle might be able to float a bit.

9 hours ago, Mavric said:

I don't really know where they like Bootle better.   But our safety depth really took a hit last year when Deontai Williams went down.  I would think Williams and Dismuke would have the safety spots taken care of pretty well.  If they stay healthy and get any help behind them for depth, we should be in good shape.

Of course, with CTB and Joseph plus Clark and anyone else, we should be in pretty good shape at corner as well.  So Bootle might be able to float a bit.

What a problem to have...

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, Mavric said:

7 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

What a problem to have...

It is a great problem to have and Fish has done a great job building up his room! Bootle seemed to have better ball skills and tracking at safety than at cb last season. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see him start at cb and float as needed as Mav mentioned and landing Joseph would further enable Fish to do so. 

• Plus1 1

I was looking for something else when I ran across this.

Crossed out the ones who are now gone.

On 1/2/2020 at 9:49 AM, Mavric said:

2020 Juniors and Seniors who were not recruited by Frost

QB - none

RB - Bradley

WR - Spielman, McQuitty

TE - Stoll, Allen, Rafdal

OL - Jaimes, Raridon, Wilson, MFarniok, Gaylord, Bando, Hixon, Sichterman

DT - Daniels

DE - Stille, Walker, Thomas

ILB - Miller

OLB - Domann, Jefferson

CB - Bootle, Butler

S - Dismuke

K - Pickering

In year 3, Frost has 14 offensive upperclassmen and 12 defensive upperclassmen left over from the previous coaching staff.  By my count, it's pretty possible that six of those offensive players and three of those defensive players will be non-contributers.  

Edited by Mavric
Williams was a Frost recruit

• 5 months later...

We have already lost: 

Gray, Francois, Greene, and Delancey before the season is even over. I’m sure there will be at least one more due to natural attrition. It’s safe to say that while Scott can get these Florida kids to Lincoln they don’t pan out. 

2020 Class is gonna be a big Ol’ bust 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Decked said:

We have already lost: 

Gray, Francois, Fleming, Greene, and Delancey before the season is even over. I’m sure there will be at least one more due to natural attrition. It’s safe to say that while Scott can get these Florida kids to Lincoln they don’t pan out. 

So 18 and 20 sucks. 19 seems to be good and holding together 

5 hours ago, Decked said:

We have already lost: 

Gray, Francois, Fleming, Greene, and Delancey before the season is even over. I’m sure there will be at least one more due to natural attrition. It’s safe to say that while Scott can get these Florida kids to Lincoln they don’t pan out. 

It's rough to start but not sold on the bust at all. Betts looks to be trending up, Scott is playing, Corcoran likely will be a big piece, Nash likely will help down the road, Alante is already playing, Gunnerson is young and could be good, Morrison and Nixon are hurt but could contribute. Even someone like Payne is filling a role. Other names there that haven't been discussed as well. It's not a big ol bust yet.

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, spurs1990 said:

It's rough to start but not sold on the bust at all. Betts looks to be trending up, Scott is playing, Corcoran likely will be a big piece, Nash likely will help down the road, Alante is already playing, Gunnerson is young and could be good, Morrison and Nixon are hurt but could contribute. Even someone like Payne is filling a role. Other names there that haven't been discussed as well. It's not a big ol bust yet.

We only get like 4-8 4 stars a year. We can’t lose 4 a class. We need our 2 deep filled with 4 stars to get to where we want to be. Those guys could provide competition if not win jobs. It is not doom and gloom but it is a big deal. 2/3 of frosts classes have become transfer city