I like to put ketchup on my ribeyes, pork chops & hot dogs. If you follow me on Twitter and you ever see me post a nice, crusted, pan-seared pork chop or steak, what you don't see is the ketchup in the little ramekin just off camera.  But it's there, and I like it.

• Plus1 1

I absolutely love Maroon 5. More their old stuff like Songs About Jane, but really any of their music ends up being my jam for some time. Also, Creed wasn't awful, so please stop hating.

I don't think Nickleback sucks...

So far, the only one I'm really struggling with is putting ketchup on a ribeye. Maybe if it's a bad piece of meat or over cooked but for the love of God, not on a good steak.  And I like ketchup.

• Plus1 2

I think people who hate Sam Keller because he sued the gaming industry are selfish, childish gits. 

Sam Keller was right.  The gaming industry was wrong.  If the players can't be paid, the gaming industry shouldn't profit off their likenesses.

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Bo Pelini was right about all you fair weather m************s

But we haven't even had fair weather in the last twenty years so how would we know? :D

• Plus1 1

Peanut butter is an iffy food item by itself but it becomes downright unbearable when mixed with chocolate.

TLDR Peanut butter ruins chocolate.

On 2/24/2018 at 5:53 PM, Comfortably Numb said:

So far, the only one I'm really struggling with is putting ketchup on a ribeye. Maybe if it's a bad piece of meat or over cooked but for the love of God, not on a good steak.  And I like ketchup.

Neither do I,  they are not personally one of my favorites, but no group or artist becomes that popular if they suck. I have a problem when anyone says a group or artist sucks, just because they don't like them.  

I don't like pickles or mayo.  

• Plus1 1

I never have understood the Nickleback hate.  Not really seeing a reason to dislike them.

I know a guy who puts ketchup on prime rib.  But, I don't really say anything because I have people who just think it's horrible to put any steak sauce on a steak.  Get over it.  I like steak sauce.

Now, here's my really controversial issue.  I don't like big boobs.  Sorry, they just don't do anything for me.....especially fake ones.

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 1

On 2/24/2018 at 5:53 PM, Comfortably Numb said:

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I never have understood the Nickleback hate.  Not really seeing a reason to dislike them.

I know a guy who puts ketchup on prime rib.  But, I don't really say anything because I have people who just think it's horrible to put any steak sauce on a steak.  Get over it.  I like steak sauce.

Now, here's my really controversial issue.  I don't like big boobs.  Sorry, they just don't do anything for me.....especially fake ones.

A-freaking-men.

The hordes who say they hate Nickelback are mostly just spineless followers who want to be accepted as "cool". Have your own opinions, people.

I despise putting ketchup or steak sauce on a good steak, but if that's how you want to eat it, then fine. But I'm still going to make fun of you.

Fake boobs are the worst, and big boobs are ok but not that great. Give me a nice regular handful-sized boob (which for me is admittedly on the smaller side).

• Plus1 2

I might get destroyed for this, but here goes. 

The Doors are overrated. Good band. But not great. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Fru said:

I like The Doors.  The Beatles on the other hand, are the most overrated band of all time.

*Ducks for cover*

• Plus1 1

48 minutes ago, Fru said:

Music is a matter of taste, whether you like someone or not is very subjective.  It doesn't mean that the band/artist isn't talented.  I like the Doors and the Beatles though I would not say I love them, I know a lot of people that don't like the Doors.    I don't care for Radiohead, but many feel they are one of the greatest bands of the last 25 years. 

Edited by NUinID

1 hour ago, RedSavage said:

I like The Doors.  The Beatles on the other hand, are the most overrated band of all time.

*Ducks for cover*

You beat me to it.  Beatles are fine - not all that though.

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

But ...

Do you like big butts (and you can not lie).

• Plus1 1

I think people who have pets, especially indoors, are idiots.

Corn dogs are the worst food ever.

I love classic rock but think AC/DC is one of the most untalented bands on the radio.

Edited by Ulty

People are going to like what they like. I may give somebody a hard time for what they like but it would be a pretty boring world if we all liked and disliked the same things. Food and music are two where you can get a wide range of opinions. I'm sort of a steak purist/snob so I'm in the crowd that prefers it plain but if you like steak sauce or ketchup or whatever on it, great but I won't be joining you. I really like a lot of the Doors songs but I have no idea if they should be classified as a good band or not. I like most all music except real soft elevator type music (think Yanni...) and the one that sometime catches me hell, I generally don't like jazz. People say it has the same roots as the blues but I love one and pretty much hate the other :dunno

Love cream cheese on a bagel. And like cream soups and chowders.

Love deviled eggs and like hard boiled egg on a salad.

Peanut butter and chocolate were meant to go together.

Also I really like mushrooms. Lots of people don't (like the other 3 people in my household). I might actually give up steak before I would give up mushrooms.

18 minutes ago, Ulty said:

I love classic rock but think AC/DC is one of the greatest, most talented bands of the last 40 years.

FIFY :P

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, RedSavage said:

*Ducks for cover*

You'd better duck! :D

California style is the best kind of pizza.

On 2/24/2018 at 9:41 PM, knapplc said:

I think people who hate Sam Keller because he sued the gaming industry are selfish, childish gits. 

Sam Keller was right.  The gaming industry was wrong.  If the players can't be paid, the gaming industry shouldn't profit off their likenesses.

I think this is the worst post in this thread

Edited by Redux
  • Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Ulty said:

I think people who have pets, especially indoors, are idiots.

Corn dogs are the worst food ever.

I love classic rock but think AC/DC is one of the most untalented bands on the radio.

Close second

53 minutes ago, Redux said:

I think this is the worst post in this thread

You spend five years of your life, sweat blood & tears working your absolute ass off for something, your whole existence, early mornings, pain, regulated diet, beholden to basically an overlord for little more than room, board, an education and some workout clothes, then get barely a pittance for your labor while I make literally millions of dollars off what you did, and tell me that you're OK with that.

And I'll give you a mirror and show you a liar.

• Plus1 3

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You spend five years of your life, sweat blood & tears working your absolute ass off for something, your whole existence, early mornings, pain, regulated diet, beholden to basically an overlord for little more than room, board, an education and some workout clothes, then get barely a pittance for your labor while I make literally millions of dollars off what you did, and tell me that you're OK with that.

And I'll give you a mirror and show you a liar.

All college athletes know the drill going in.  Just my unpopular opinion.

knapp's post is the one I wish I had thought of. It's the perfect unpopular opinion for our forum, and it's so very spot on. There was this (journalist, I think?) who I agreed with on a lot -- very anti-Trump, quite liberal views, etc, etc. He cracked once that if Trump could deliver us our NCAA games back again he'd change his tune. What messed up priorities! And the thing is,  to be serious for a moment, this is exactly the kind of thing he would do, and it would actually earn him a great deal of enthusiastic applause.

Sam Keller is not one of my favorite Husker QBs to have ever watched, to say the least. The lawsuit to which he gave his name righted a wrong. And the s#!t he gets for that is wrong.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, zoogs said:

knapp's post is the one I wish I had thought of. It's the perfect unpopular opinion for our forum, and it's so very spot on. There was this (journalist, I think?) who I agreed with on a lot -- very anti-Trump, quite liberal views, etc, etc. He cracked once that if Trump could deliver us our NCAA games back again he'd change his tune. What messed up priorities! And the thing is,  to be serious for a moment, this is exactly the kind of thing he would do, and it would actually earn him a great deal of enthusiastic applause.

Sam Keller is not one of my favorite Husker QBs to have ever watched, to say the least. The lawsuit to which he gave his name righted a wrong. And the s#!t he gets for that is wrong.

Word.

It's a hill I'll die on. Those who fault Keller have no legal or moral basis on which to stand. It's pure selfishness - with an admixture of stupidity because he's tied to Callahan and losing Husker football games. 

• Plus1 5

I agree with the Keller stuff. The lawsuit was on the right side of this, and not only that, but Keller was essentially just a name attached - a lawfirm came up with the idea, reached out to several players trying to find someone who would be the face of it, and he agreed because he'd make some money from it. He had little to nothing to do with it, and it was the right thing.

I'll even go one further. Keller is unfairly demonized as a player here. He was a damn good quarterback for us before he got hurt. Not the best ever, but was on pace to break most all of Taylor's records, always did/said the right things in his time here, and he could hardly control what happened with Cosgrove's defenses and the erosion of confidence in that staff. 

• Plus1 2

There should be no English or Spanish button to push on anything! I yell at the ATM every time i drive through. English dammit, always English!

Conan O'brien is painfully unfunny.

Mayor Jean Stothert  is pretty hot.

Wiping back to front is preferable.

Ketchup on my hot dog, beans in my chili, and i enjoy spam every once in a while.Screw the food snobs!  Bell peppers, Tofu, grapefruit, and watermelon are nasty.

Stephen King’s books are waaaaaay too long I much prefer the movie version . 

Walking Dead, and Stranger Things suck.

Men should be allowed to wear makeup without shame.

Lady GaGa's music is garbage.

Did i do this right??:blink:

Edited by Big Red 40
  • Plus1 1

10 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

Men should be allowed to wear makeup without shame.

Don't care about the roasting we may receive but I 100% agree with this. I used to wear makeup when I worked in TV and thought on more than one occasion that I looked better with makeup on (because, honestly, most people do). What I had to put on every day was also very minimal and took virtually no time.

That said, my fiancée would have me pick stuff up at Sephora, so everything was $$$. I don't miss that part.

• Plus1 1

Did you do your own makeup or did you have people? Probably a lot of that's done on your own, right?

Keller was lame for doing it but I would have done the same exact thing, CASH ME GAMERS!

I think Firemen (persons) are way overpaid, like to the point where I have a hard time believing that they get paid what they do.  With that said, they should take every single penny that they can get. If some morons will pay you...take it.   I am very complex.

On 2/24/2018 at 9:41 PM, knapplc said:

I don't care if you are right, it ruined my gaming life.  I literally stopped after that decision, I only played college games to start and when they lost, I no longer had a need for games.  Who cares if people are getting screwed over, let me play my college football dammit!

Edited by sho
  • Plus1 2

Nothing biologically says men shouldn't wear make up and women should, and some guys look really hot with a little mascara and eyeliner.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 1

6 hours ago, knapplc said:

Did you do your own makeup or did you have people? Probably a lot of that's done on your own, right?

I definitely always did my own. If I had stayed in the business, I'm guessing I would've needed to get to a top 25 TV market before someone did it for me.

I remember the main male anchor at my first job (he was let go a month or two after I started there) had his own spray-on make up kit he spent an obscene amount of money on. That always seemed a bit over the top to me.

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, sho said:

I don't care if you are right, it ruined my gaming life.  I literally stopped after that decision, I only played college games to start and when they lost, I no longer had a need for games.  Who cares if people are getting screwed over, let me play my college football dammit!

You should thank him. 

9 hours ago, Enhance said:

Don't care about the roasting we may receive but I 100% agree with this. I used to wear makeup when I worked in TV and thought on more than one occasion that I looked better with makeup on (because, honestly, most people do). What I had to put on every day was also very minimal and took virtually no time.

That said, my fiancée would have me pick stuff up at Sephora, so everything was $$$. I don't miss that part.

I saw on the Olympics  the other night that the male cosmetic business Is big in Korea  , lots of men wear it daily  . I say more power to them . 

Alas , I have more a “face for radio “ so I’m not so sure how much help it would be . Lol