Unpopular Opinion

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I saw them in Indiana, Haymarket Arena.  This was awhile ago.  I like them a lot too but man the show was just so lame.  

Garbage opened up for them and they put on a good show.

Garbage and the Pumpkins, now that's a show!

That's too bad they were underwhelming though. I've always liked them. I feel like they'd be a good band to have on the "Seen 'em" list

• Plus1 1

Rush is a sh** band...always has been.  I have never understood people who say Rush is so awesome.  It's like they hate music.

And speaking of terrible music: Greta Van Sustren Fleet is probably the worst band to come along since Rush.

If you put Rush and Greta Van Fleet together on a tour, the combined suckage would be so bad, it would create a super massive black hole that would destroy the universe.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:39 PM, knapplc said:

I have my mom's recipe for runzas and I avoided making them for years because the restaurant ones are so bad, but when I finally gave it a try, they were pretty good. 

It's a crime what runza hut has done to our Nebraska heritage.

Runzas, reubens, and eggrolls(or lumpia as my Filipino wife calls them) to be good have to be good and full, and that filling should be primarily tasty meat. Cabbage should be a distant second. 

On 4/26/2018 at 10:43 PM, Making Chimichangas said:

Rush is a sh** band...always has been.  I have never understood people who say Rush is so awesome.  It's like they hate music.

And speaking of terrible music: Greta Van Sustren Fleet is probably the worst band to come along since Rush.

If you put Rush and Greta Van Fleet together on a tour, the combined suckage would be so bad, it would create a super massive black hole that would destroy the universe.

2 counts of blasphemy right there !

Please delete your account now. and step awaaay from the keyboard. lol  chuckleshuffle

• Plus1 4
On 4/26/2018 at 11:43 PM, Making Chimichangas said:

As I said earlier,  music is all about what you like.  I love Rush. They are probably in the top 5 of my favorite bands right now, though that is a fluid thing.  One of my regrets is  that I never saw Rush live and now they will never tour again.  

With that said, Rush for whatever reason is a very polarizing band.  People either love them or hate them.  A lot of it has to do with Geddy Lee's voice, which is understandable, but you can't never say they aren't great musicians.  

So what is some of the music that you do like?  

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, NUinID said:

As I said earlier,  music is all about what you like.  I love Rush. They are probably in the top 5 of my favorite bands right now, though that is a fluid thing.  One of my regrets is  that I never saw Rush live and now they will never tour again.  

With that said, Rush for whatever reason is a very polarizing band.  People either love them or hate them.  A lot of it has to do with Geddy Lee's voice, which is understandable, but you can't never say they aren't great musicians.  

So what is some of the music that you do like?  

My tastes vary...Some current bands I like:

Dead Sara--Vocalist Emily Armstrong is what you'd get if Bruce Dickinson and Janis Joplin had a love child.

Avenged Sevenfold--Heavy rock gods

Metallica--Rock legends and icons

Shinedown--So many great songs and their vocalist is an awesome person.

Ice Cube--The Original OG, Triple OG

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Dead Sara--Vocalist Emily Armstrong is what you'd get if Bruce Dickinson and Janis Joplin had a love child.

So you basically lean towards the heavy end of things.  Which is fine,  going to see Metallica in November with my SIL in Boise.  I am an old man, I don't listen to too much of the current stuff.  I am sure there is some really good newer stuff.  The band that opened for STP when I saw them a month ago was really pretty good, but I can't remember the name of the group.  It was a 3 piece and the drummer was a woman and she did some of the singing.  

53 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

These bands all absolutely suck.

Image result for suck it trebek

• Plus1 5
2 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

+1 for Dead Sara.    :thumbs

The rest, meh.