Unpopular Opinion

As marijuana usage becomes more prevalent, incidents like this will be more common. 

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/27099320/driver-16-arrested-auburn-announcer-death

The statement said a toxicology analysis from the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences confirmed "the presence of marijuana in Taylor's system.

I don’t expect MADD to change their name to MAID anytime soon since as their article mentions, the technology doesn’t exist to measure level of impairment for any drugs other than alcohol. They’ll continue to push for tougher drunk driving laws and lower the BAC since that is something that can be done and will keep donations coming in.

https://www.madd.org/press-release/madd-statement-on-increase-in-vehicle-collision-insurance-claims-in-states-with-legalized-recreational-marijuana-use/

On June 22, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI) released a “Status Report” on the potential effect of legalizing recreational marijuana use on crash rates. The report found that highway crashes (based on crashes of all severities reported to auto insurers) increased by 3 percent overall in three states after the legalization of recreational marijuana use.

28 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

On June 22, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI) released a “Status Report” on the potential effect of legalizing recreational marijuana use on crash rates. The report found that highway crashes (based on crashes of all severities reported to auto insurers) increased by 3 percent overall in three states after the legalization of recreational marijuana use.

Do they/you know what a confounding variable is?

Did the population increase in those states? Did the number of drivers increase in those states? Did the number of highway crashes increase in other states?

Association does not imply causation.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

The same can be said for anything that’s merely for entertainment. Like football. Just depends on how much you’re entertained by it.

Eh, you have a bit of a point. I should have stated that I was talking about purchasing personal fireworks; there's something to be said for fireworks being one step away from just lighting money on fire. However, big firework shows do entertain me. 

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Eh, you have a bit of a point. I should have stated that I was talking about purchasing personal fireworks; there's something to be said for fireworks being one step away from just lighting money on fire. However, big firework shows do entertain me. 

That's my stance on it too. I don't buy any myself. I think as a kid my favorite firework was the snakes. But I like going to the shows every so often.

• Fire 1
51 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

4e3bb7322ac3ba37ecae50fca3503e4d9e2aff13

You're gonna be disappointed when I start my Rhubarb farm. I'll name my rhubarb babies after huskers.  I'll say, moir, Frazier is looking a little parched. Why dont you go out there and wet his whistle.   

9 minutes ago, Elaida said:

You're gonna be disappointed when I start my Rhubarb farm. I'll name my rhubarb babies after huskers.  I'll say, moir, Frazier is looking a little parched. Why dont you go out there and wet his whistle.   

Guess I’ll have to start mowing the garden I mean lawn.

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Obviously unpopular because they closed. 

Schlotszky’s sandwiches were awesome. 

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

I believe there are still two in Omaha, but you don't live here right?

I'm gonna go grab one tomorrow. 

• Plus1 1