Unpopular Opinion

18 hours ago, RedDenver said:

What I don't understand is why gamers aren't pissed at EA (the game developer)? They could have easily made the exact same game but with random players instead of likenesses of actual players. All the tradition and pagenatry of the actual schools, stadiums, bowl games, etc. could still have been used. Instead EA threw a hissy fit and stopped making the game instead.

This is honestly what they should have done; the community could still have done the in-depth roster edits they do every year.

17 hours ago, SandhillshuskerW said:

I was really enjoying this thread until this happened.

I hate Snapchat. I am a teacher and it is one app that many of our students waste way too much time on. I have a lot of friends that have it and ask me to get it, but I just refuse.

It is blocked at my school...they blocked it one day during school...within 15 minutes of it being blocked you would have thought the school was on fire.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, SandhillshuskerW said:

Oh, I might have to strongly suggest that to our IT guys. The problem is, I'm one of the only teachers in the school that doesn't Snapchat. It would severely hamper their own Snapchatting.

Haha!  I know what you mean.  I use it but I had stopped using it at school...until just now when I found out how the students can still get on it!  

17 hours ago, NUinID said:

Bill Murray has done some very good stuff IMO, I don't think his brand of humor is for everyone.  I don't find most of the stuff he has done in Wes Anderson movies all that funny, but I don't find those movies all that funny.  

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou was AWFUL.

I just don't find his schtick funny, and I was reminded of that during endless coverage during the AT&T Pro-Am at Pebble Beach. 

I probably laughed during Caddyshack, but that is it.

23 hours ago, RedSavage said:

I think what pissed me off most about the whole Keller lawsuit is him and the players still didn't get diddly.  You have a massive lawsuit and you still barely got paid.  Hardly even worth it IMO and you ruined a good thing for a lot of people.

You have any clue how much the legal system and copy write laws care about a gamer having to go find something else to do because the court "ruined it" for them?

It quite possibly might rank somewhere around how much I care if P Diddy ate Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast this morning.

• Plus1 1

Hmmm.....I like Bill Murray.  Not in everything he’s done but Stripes, Caddyshack, What About Bob, SNL and a few others.

I don’t like that apparently most of our students and teachers are dicking around on Snapchat instead of teaching and learning. Plus I always get a kick out of when people complain that their work blocks a website that they are wasting hours a day on while their employer is paying them. How dare that employer expect them to perform actual work while being paid. BTW, if you didn’t know, it doesn’t take a very sophisticated system to know exactly what each employee is doing on their computer. I’ve had to have many an uncomfortable discussion with employees about their online activities.

Edited by Comfortably Numb
  • Plus1 1

21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You have any clue how much the legal system and copy write laws care about a gamer having to go find something else to do because the court "ruined it" for them?

It quite possibly might rank somewhere around how much I care if P Diddy ate Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast this morning.

They give zero s#!ts.  But I’m not saying the court ruined it, I’m saying the likes of Sam Keller ruined it. It’s basically the whole pay for play argument with college players.  It’s just another means to get paid IMO.  Now maybe if it weren’t Keller, it’d have just been someone else so maybe it wouldn’t matter but if it’s me, in a $40m lawsuit, I’m GETTING PAID.  My likeness is worth more than a measly $15k.  

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Hmmm.....I like Bill Murray.  Not in everything he’s done but Stripes, Caddyshack, What About Bob, SNL and a few others.

I don’t like that apparently most of our students and teachers are dicking around on Snapchat instead of teaching and learning. Plus I always get a kick out of when people complain that their work blocks a website that they are wasting hours a day on while their employer is paying them. How dare that employer expect them to perform actual work while being paid. BTW, if you didn’t know, it doesn’t take a very sophisticated system to know exactly what each employee is doing on their computer. I’ve had to have many an uncomfortable discussion with employees about their online activities.

Teachers aren't on Snapchat instead of teaching. That's not what we said at all. Teachers are on Snapchat during lunch, or their down time. Kids are on it all the time when they think they can get away with it. Parents need to be more active with their own kids and their technology or this will only get worse.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, RedSavage said:

They give zero s#!ts.  But I’m not saying the court ruined it, I’m saying the likes of Sam Keller ruined it. It’s basically the whole pay for play argument with college players.  It’s just another means to get paid IMO.  Now maybe if it weren’t Keller, it’d have just been someone else so maybe it wouldn’t matter but if it’s me, in a $40m lawsuit, I’m GETTING PAID.  My likeness is worth more than a measly $15k.  

This is getting this thread way off track and somewhere on here there is about a 50 page thread discussing this.

But, you really don't understand the issues behind this.  And, like I said, nobody cares about poor little gamers not being able to play a game.

• Plus1 2
52 minutes ago, QMany said:

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou was AWFUL.

I just don't find his schtick funny, and I was reminded of that during endless coverage during the AT&T Pro-Am at Pebble Beach. 

I probably laughed during Caddyshack, but that is it.

To me Bill Murray big problem is that only in small instances can he carry a movie.  In most of his memorable movies he is in a supporting role or some sort of ensemble cast.  Scrooged and Ground Hog Day are really the only 2 movies I can think of that he is the lead and they are pretty good movies.  

Lost in Translation is a dramatic role for him, but the movie IMO is terrible.  He is really good in small roles, Little shop of  Horror, Tootsie, Zombieland.